Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37+wks and havin pains n backache

(12 Posts)
mumsey6 Mon 15-Sep-08 18:07:50

my daughter is haveing tightenings and backache,you can see when she is haveing them and baby still moveing about.we had her checked on friday n was told that she was having irregular contractions,she has a brownish discharge and hasnt slept properly for days,should she wait to go be checked again its her first baby but they said she will most probably give birth early

mumsey6 Mon 15-Sep-08 18:20:10

someone please reply to me i dont know what to do for the best

abbymeg Mon 15-Sep-08 18:48:05

If you are worried ring the midwife and ask, or NHS direct and talk to a nurse. The number is 08454647. They will ring you back and send you to hospital if they think she needs to be seen. Good luck smile

mumsey6 Mon 15-Sep-08 19:12:33

would a community midwife come out and see her ?

mumsey6 Mon 15-Sep-08 19:44:25

why is no one talkin to me n tryin to give me advice angry

biglips Mon 15-Sep-08 19:46:42

have you rang the midwife? to see what they say? as any pains i get i ring my midwife, or try the hosp where your daughter is gonna have the baby?

mumsey6 Mon 15-Sep-08 19:52:32

no not rang midwife yet as last time we rang we couldnt get any answer,had to take her to hospital last time and it 20 mins by taxi and cost a fortune im not being tight with money but just cant afford it,going to a friends soon who worked in ospital n gunna get her to check her over

biglips Mon 15-Sep-08 19:54:30

well good luck and let us know how you got on.

wtfhashappened Mon 15-Sep-08 19:56:42

backache could be practise contractions - get her on all 4s as much as poss, to make sure baby is in best position - eg lyi9nig over a bean bag or exercise ball

dizzydixies Mon 15-Sep-08 19:58:16

mumsey6 nobody is trying to give you advice because abbeymeg gave you the best advice already - she needs to be checked over by a health professional and nobody on here can tell you whats going on by a post

the community midwife may come out and see her at home and if not call NHS24 who will advice

best of luck and congrats on becoming a gran smile

BabyStarlettsBeautiful Mon 15-Sep-08 20:00:04

Call NHS Direct on no. above if getting no response from your midwives. The should be able to help or get a better number for you.

Good luck to your daughter.

mumsey6 Mon 15-Sep-08 23:57:42

thank you everyone for the advice sorry if i got up tight .......... thanks again ....will let you no what happens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now