Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Silver Cross 3D Pram - Any Opinions??

(8 Posts)
Kerri1983 Mon 15-Sep-08 13:59:30

Hiya,

I am thinking of buying the Silver Cross 3D, anything I should know apart from the basket underneath is difficult to get to/use?

Thanks, Kerri smile

Nippersmum Tue 16-Sep-08 09:44:13

Hiya, I on the whole love my silver cross. The one thing that is a pain is the rain cover which I am sure was designed by a man! It is rather bulky to store in the basket and not the easiest to put on, but I have to say I don't know any that are ideal.

Hth, do ask more questions of you want.

wontbepreggersagain Tue 16-Sep-08 09:46:24

v. heavy- i found it useless as a pushchair with anything heavier than a 1 year old- took a hell of a lot of effort to get it up kerbs with a toddler in it. It looks nice though!

beanstalk Tue 16-Sep-08 10:41:25

I still use mine and DD is 21 months. I like it but you can't steer it with one hand, its not easy on a bus (too heavy and not easily foldable), and as nippersmum says, the rain cover is a pain. If you will be walking around a lot as I do it's sturdy and it's easy to get in the car.

zoejeanne Tue 16-Sep-08 13:51:52

I've heard the carry cots are small and don't last long - have any of you found that?

AHB238 Tue 16-Sep-08 14:17:17

I was very close to buying this one, but at the last minute changed to the Mama's and Papa's equivalent, mainly as it it is easier to use and convert the pram to pushchair.

The carrycot/lie flat bit on the silver cross seemed a bit flimsy too.

Lib76 Tue 16-Sep-08 15:32:15

i like the 3D system, it is a little on the heavy side and the basket is hard to get things in, esp the rain cover.

zoejeanne, yeh the cot is small my DS is 14 wks and he is out of it already!! he loves it now though cause he can see the world go by!

ELB1 Fri 19-Sep-08 08:56:51

I loved mine. Was very sad to see it go at the weekend when I gave it to my sister ready for when she has her baby. I am PG with DD2 due in 6 weeks so have gone for a P&T which is probably the best double, but I can't help hankering for the lovely comfy soft 3D.
My DD1 looked so cosy in it at all times - from when she was newborn and in the sweet carrycot, right up to when sitting in it as a pushchair.

Good points:
Very comfy - my "I hate sleeping in the day DD1" always slept in it if we were out, and her 2 yr old cousin (with a Micralite) always climbed in it for her sleeps if we were out together - I think she twigged that the 3D looked so much more cosy than her Micralite!
Easy to assemble and fold - and I like how it stands up in the hall out of the way
Very easy to recline/sit up when used as a pushchair (unlike P&Ts - what a faff)
The hood pushes all the way down - so good for sun and rain (DD1 a winter baby - but I never used the raincover - hood was enough)
Car Seat is good - lasts longer than most as is very long (although does not fit all cars) and attaches to pram very easily - also no need for using raincover as you can pull both hoods to meet in the middle
Small - we live in an ancient old place so getting in and out of olde worlde shops would be a nightmare with anything bigger
Two handles - good for hanging loads of shopping bags on - and it never fell down (unlike some of the flimsier prams)
Very sturdy

Bad points:
Two handles - not easy to push with one hand
Basket underneath is fiddly to get to - but I got used to it
Carry cot is small - DD1 was a small baby, not sure how long she would have lasted in it if she had been a whopper. That said - she loved it when we turned her forward facing in the main pushchair as she loved to sit up and look around from quite an early age
sturdiness meant it was a bit heavier than others - not a problem for lifting etc as it's not that heavy - but was difficult to get over non standard terrain - our gravel drive was a pain, and tricky on the beach!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now