Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Discharge at 8 weeks - paranoid about miscarriage

(5 Posts)
FlirtyThirty Mon 15-Sep-08 12:58:26

I am 8+3 today and (thanks to excessive googling) paranoid about miscarriage and most particularly missed miscarriages (which I didn't even realise happened until becoming PG!blush)

At 6weeks, I had a few days of getting stringy brown discharge but that stopped and I tried not to think about it.

Anyway, for the last few days on and off, I've had more coloured discharge. It is not blood red, but is sort of a biscuit colour (don't know how else to describe it...). Is this the start of something more ominous or just anouther PG symptom I'm as yet unaware of...

Any help/advise appreciated.

Thanks,
Flirty x

tinkhasanactivebean Mon 15-Sep-08 13:20:49

sounds like implantation a brown which is old blood

livismum Mon 15-Sep-08 14:01:04

Yeah as long as it isnt red u shouldnt panic u get loads more discharge when ur pg im forever rushing to the loo thinking something horrible is happening!

ameliesmumvic Mon 15-Sep-08 14:12:47

I think you need to speak with your doctor or early pregnancy unit, to re-assure yourself if nothing else.

I've had a brownish discharge with a healthy pregnancy and with a missed miscarriage. The missed miscarriage happened at 11+ weeks, I had a little dark brown discharge late in the evening and then a bit more the following day. With this pregnancy (am 16 weeks) had a lighter brown stringy discharge on about three seperate occasions, which seems to be what you're describing. But all the scans etc have worked out fine this time round.

For a missed miscarriage it may not be bright red - its old blood and tissue that is finally coming out. I would say that because you have had this for a few days its worth getting it checked out to make sure.

Good luck - I'm sure it'll be fine.

SpangleMaker Mon 15-Sep-08 19:18:07

flirty I've been having some spotting/discharge myself for the last week or so (am 7+1) so have been reading up a bit.

Apparently spotting is very common in early pregnancy and while in some cases it spells bad news, in many others there is nothing wrong at all. In my pg/birt book (Yehudi Gordon) it says spotting is particularly common at 6-8wks when the placenta is bedding down.

If you do a search on MN for 'spotting in early pregnancy' you'll see there are a few threads with plenty of encouraging posts.

That said, it's probably best to get checked out by GP or midwife, just to be on the safe side. (hope you get a better service than I did, neither my GP nor midwife service seemed interested, saying I will just have to wait and see what happens - hmph!)

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now