Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it ok to have had very tender boobs and now they are gone?

(7 Posts)
staryeyed Mon 15-Sep-08 12:20:53

Im nealrly 9 weeks pg and for the last 3 weeks Ive had very tender boobs-almost untouchable. Now they are back to normal should I be worried? Also suffering with awful morning sickness which is continuing.

Jic Mon 15-Sep-08 12:28:05

don't worry this is normal i kept checking if mine were still painful to make me feel reassured! they do start to calm down around this time as the hormone levels start to even out its just the surge you get at the beginning. also the fact that you are having morning sickness is actually a good sign it shows that the pregnancy hormone levels are still high enough to maintain the pregnancy. mine have just started to get sore agin and im 34 wks it must be the milk building up! don't worry, there are so many things to stress about though arent there!

staryeyed Mon 15-Sep-08 12:49:37

oh thanks, that's reassuring smile

sarah76 Mon 15-Sep-08 13:12:31

Don't know if this helps as I'm not as far along, but I had such soooooore boobs during 5th week (or 4 wks pg) and then they gradually went away during the 6th week and only nipples slightly sore occasionally. I got really paranoid, had HCGs done, and found they weren't doubling, so went for early scan. I convinced myself it was all over, but they saw a little bean with a heartbeat last Friday at 6w5d.

Good luck! Stay away from google! It's making me mental!

Jic Mon 15-Sep-08 14:25:22

that's lovely sarah76 i also had early scan because i was bleeding. you can definitely know too much though i used to drive myself mad with worry- well said about google!

broodymom Mon 15-Sep-08 15:04:26

Staryeyed i'm 9+2 and my sore boobs are almost gone but i'm still being very sick, and i got an early scan last tues and baby is was doing great! Try not to worry i know how hard it is at this stage, just desperate to cross the 12 week line and see a scan of your baby to settle your mind x

Bicnod Mon 15-Sep-08 19:34:12

hey broodymom - you've just said it exactly. I'm 9+1 and DESPERATE for the 12 week scan - although just found out I won't get mine until 13 weeks just want to know that everything is ok...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now