Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

uncommon to have no symptons at 5 weeks?

(11 Posts)
bekkaboo Sun 14-Sep-08 19:26:44

Im 5 weeks and if was reading this post id probably ignore thinking good for you but im worried, this is my 2nd and first time i was weeing loads, up in night etc.This time just had sore boobs for few das and sight metallic taste in mouth, i have a very goo appetite. Im wondering whether its common at this stage or should i be concerned? Thanks for you advice. Whi knows next week i could be head down over the loo all day!

bekkaboo Sun 14-Sep-08 19:27:58

also not felt tired at all, in fact i can harder sleep!

nickytwotimes Sun 14-Sep-08 19:29:10

I was symptom free until about week 7, then some rotter flicked a puky switch and I did indeed spend a lot of time with my head in the loo!
I'm sure it'll be fine. As a wise woman once said, there are no 2 pregnancies the same.

neolara Sun 14-Sep-08 19:31:15

I'm nearly 6 weeks and the only symptom I have had is the metallic taste in my mouth. In the past, I have only started to feel bad at 7 or 8 weeks. I felt much worse in my first pregnancy than my second. I wouldn't worry too much into lack of symptoms at your stage. I think it is very common.

bekkaboo Sun 14-Sep-08 19:40:43

i thought weeing was the first sign though? Id go as far to say my bladders improved!

Neolara are you weeing much at your stage? sorry to ask

Febes Sun 14-Sep-08 19:44:53

I'm 6 weeks and also finding it weird that I feel so good. I remember feeling horrible with DD but maybe that was later. I'm trying to enjoy feeling good while it lasts but I do feel a bit worried too. Goes with the territory I guess.

bekkaboo Sun 14-Sep-08 19:48:43

hi febes when i think back im sure i was about 8 weeks when got the tiredness etc but sure was going loo pretty much straight away, but all bit of blur now!

frazzledoldbag34 Sun 14-Sep-08 19:56:42

Hi I'm about 7 wks I think and up until Friday was concerned cos I felt 'too well'.......now I feel awful, exhausted, headachey and nauseous. I reckon you're either just lucky this time or it's too early for the crappy symptoms to have got started........hopefully for you they won't arrive and as others have said all pregnancies are different.
(although I know what you mean about worrying cos you feel ok - ludicrous isn't it but I'd convinced myself I wasn't pg at all. Now I'm in no doubt and feel silly for moaning about no symptoms.....anyway best of luck with your pg. x

melpomene Sun 14-Sep-08 20:06:32

Second (and subsequent) pgs can feel very different to first ones. (Some say that a variation in symptoms 2nd time round mean that the 2nd baby will be the opposite sex to the first, but that could be a myth).

Personally, 2nd time round I didn't really have any symptoms early on (obv missed period, but just thought it was irregular because of coming off the pill), and I didn't even realise I was pg until I tested at 7 weeks.

Don't worry.

Bicnod Sun 14-Sep-08 20:49:44

I didn't have any symptoms until 6 and a half weeks apart from slightly bigger boobs. Then the sickness kicked in big stylee. It sounds like this is pretty normal so I wouldn't worry (silly to say I know - I was worrying when the sickness disappeared for a couple of days last week, then it came back with a vengeance and I wish it bloody hadn't!) x

saramoon Sun 14-Sep-08 20:56:27

I slept like a log when i was 5 weeks, couldn't get enough sleep and felt great but it all kicked in on week 6 and morning sickness took over my life!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now