Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am i REALLY the only pregnant mummy in STAFFORD???

(7 Posts)
mybumpsaboy Sun 14-Sep-08 12:05:51

Please tell me there are more of you out there??

I've made some lovely friends in this area with toddlers, but not found any other pregnant people and it's LONELY as a recently single mummy!!!

Please please get in touch!

I'm 23, and 24 weks by the way...expecting a little boy

Lubyloo Sun 14-Sep-08 12:09:18

My friend lives in Stafford but her children are older now. However I do know that there is quite an active NCT group there and she met a lot of people through that. It may be worth investigating if they do bumps and babes coffee mornings.

Congratulations btw!!

mybumpsaboy Sun 14-Sep-08 12:12:10

thank you!!I think there is a bumps & babes...the problem is they're on mornings mid-week which is a bit tough on those of us who have to work right up until our due dates!!!

x

Lubyloo Sun 14-Sep-08 12:17:38

That's a shame. Have you got any holiday owing? Could you take a few half days so that you can go to some of the coffee mornings?

There's always the antenatal classes but I appreciate they might be a bit coupley.

My sister made good friends with women at her aquanatal classes. You are entitled to paid time off work to attend aquanatal classes so maybe that is another option.

Heartmum2Jamie Mon 15-Sep-08 22:52:46

I am not in Stafford but only live 15 minutes away and am 34 weeks pregnant with boy number 3. However, I homeschool my children (7 & 4), so getting about during the week is not easy at all, lol! I have also heard there is a good and active NCT group there. I also like the idea of aquanatal. It will be a little easier once mat leave starts. Congratulations on your ds and good luck!

mybumpsaboy Tue 16-Sep-08 08:51:36

wow, you homeschool?? that's impressive...did you used to work as a teacher?

x

Heartmum2Jamie Tue 16-Sep-08 10:00:16

Hard work more than impressive! Nope, never been a teacher or trained as one. It's a very long story, but we are happy as we are right now, but want to start going to the home ed group that mneets in Stafford, just waiting on getting a second car (dh needs one for work)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now