Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clarins Oil

(15 Posts)
rrrayray Sat 13-Sep-08 18:45:53

I've been using Bio Oil so far, but actually one of the first things i did when i found out i was pregnant was went out and bought the much raved about clarins oil. So feel like i should use it. blush

However, it seems to suggest you put it on damp skin and then cool shower.hmm

Does anyone know why this is? It seems a bit time consuming to me, and also, like i'm rinsing off the expensive oil i've just put on! Hmmm..hmm

If someone could shed some light on this, i'd appreciate it.

Also, did it work for you?

Thankies! xx

LadySweet Sat 13-Sep-08 19:03:22

I didn't do the damp skin then shower thing, just applied it to damp skin; worked grand for me no stretch marks and I smelled divine grin

rrrayray Sat 13-Sep-08 19:06:13

Thats what i did this morning. Much prefer the smell to Bio Oil. do you need to apply much? i sort of lathered myself in it, and that way i can't see that bottle lasting long!!

pardon Sat 13-Sep-08 19:16:08

I used it throughout both pregnancies. Just put a bit on after morning shower. I used about three bottles throughout pregnancy (obviously needed more as bump got bigger). And I continued using it til it ran out after the births. And I don't have one stretch mark. But friends have used it and have got stretch marks so I wonder if some people are just more prone to them. HTH

rrrayray Sat 13-Sep-08 19:18:17

I believe there must be something in your genes/ skin type that means some are more prone to it than others.

That said, i'm sure you can "limit the damage" heehee.

Shall Carry on applying and not bother with silly Shower fiasco!

xx

ilovemydog Sat 13-Sep-08 19:21:23

I didn't get stretch marks smile but I used practically every cream on the market!

body shop cocoa butter is brilliant!

singingtree Sat 13-Sep-08 19:22:59

smells lovely but made no difference to me - stretchmarks galore (tho thankfully they are fading)

SlinkieM Sat 13-Sep-08 19:54:54

I used it, it worked for me but equally no stretchmarks generally in the ladies in my family many of whom used cheaper alternatives!
Didn't shower it off either.

chandellina Sat 13-Sep-08 20:02:19

i used bio oil and didn't get any stretch marks in pregnancy. was amazed because i already had a bunch from adolescence.

poppy34 Sat 13-Sep-08 20:05:33

like ladysweet I just applied it post bath or at night..worked ok for me.. but also ate lots of olive oil/avocado

pardon Sat 13-Sep-08 20:30:04

roflling at poppy eating olive oil - did you swig it straight from the bottle? grin

poppy34 Sun 14-Sep-08 21:31:41

yes it was delicious wink..

MrsMattie Sun 14-Sep-08 21:34:24

It's delicious, but the 'no stretchmarks' thing is a load of tosh. Nothing to do with how well you moisturise. Seriously!

Ellora Sun 14-Sep-08 22:44:40

I highly recommend Decleor Sculpt oil for pregnancy which is fabulous and everyone I bought it for had no stretch marks so with my first pregnncny had to use!!

So far fabulous and really maintains elasticity in skin and smells divine in the evening, helps me sleep. Actually worth knowing all Decleor products are safe to use in pregnancy despite being 100% aromatheraphy! Except any seaweed based bath soaks!!

rrrayray Mon 15-Sep-08 10:44:27

Thanks ladies, i'll just keep plying the oil on & hope for the best...... either from the oil or my Genes!! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now