Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what is an implantation plant bleed?

(4 Posts)
divedaisy Fri 12-Sep-08 22:36:02

Can anyone shed a bit of their knowledge for me...?
Just wondering what an implantation plant bleed is... when does it occur/ what it is like - ie heavy/spotting/pain etc.. can it be mistaken for a short period?
I has AF visit me on 10 Aug for one day max. I'm now BFP! Just wondering if I could be further on that the 4-5 weeks...!!

Olihan Fri 12-Sep-08 22:44:59

It usually happens when the egg implants in the wall of the uterus, so around the time (roughly) that your period is due, maybe a bit before. Mine was like that brownish blood you get at the very beginning of AF. But if it was an implantation bleed on 10 Aug you need to go back to your last proper peiod to date your pg. When was your last proper AF?

becaroo Sat 13-Sep-08 08:50:18

Sounds very much like an implantation bleed to me...I had one with my ds (who is now 5!)

You will need to go back to the date if your last proper period to date this pregnancy I think - they should give you a dating scan anyway as you are not sure.

Good luck.

sarah76 Sat 13-Sep-08 23:23:21

I had an implantation bleed 10 days after I ovulated. Since my luteal phase was normally only 11 days I thought I might be starting AF early, but it was basically bright pink blood there once when I wiped, and then completely went away. Not like my usual brown spotting before/after AF, and no pain or anything. I had a really faint positive on an ultra sensitive test about 4 days after this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now