Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 no 40 weeks preg and have i THINK PUPPS (that skin rash) its soooooooo itchy!

(8 Posts)
mumofdjandbabies Fri 12-Sep-08 20:57:50

anyone else had it....???

I want to claw myself to bits argghhh shock

MummyToOneForNow Fri 12-Sep-08 21:16:58

Lots of sympathy - I had PUPPP with dd - do go and get it checked out though as severe itching can be a symptom of obstetric cholestatis which is a liver problem.

Unfortunately there isn't that much you can do about PUPPP - calamine lotion and having cool damp flannels by my side at night to lay over the worst bits to calm them down helped a bit. Doc did prescribe some topical steroid cream which made a slight difference. I had it from about 36/37 weeks and it only cleared up completely when dd was born. Was pretty nightmarish though as it disrupted my sleep so much and clothes touching it were awful - it covered most of my bump, extended partway round my back with patches on my arms and legs too. Good news is that there is no reason you should get it again - I haven't this time round (am 38wks).

mumofdjandbabies Fri 12-Sep-08 22:46:30

aw bless you thanks love

<as I scratch and itch>

LeonieD Sat 13-Sep-08 08:58:38

Message withdrawn

mumofdjandbabies Sat 13-Sep-08 14:07:38

oh leonie how itchy does that look shock

LeonieD Sat 13-Sep-08 23:15:20

Message withdrawn

dobbins Mon 15-Sep-08 16:22:17

I had this earlier on in my pregnancy (more unusual)- at abouyt 22- 28 weeks. It was a nightmare! I even had to ahve a few days off work wehn it was at it's worst. Cleared up eventually of it's pwn accord. I stopped using any products- just acqueous cream and cold calomile lotion from fridge, cotton underwear- in fact just wore cotton although generally preferred to be without clothes as itching was so intense. Also wondered if a trigger was chlorine in swimming pool as pupps conicided with two swim sessions- don't know for sure though. Good luck and really feel for you.

TigerFeet Mon 15-Sep-08 16:26:45

I had it - but it only appeared after dd was born hmm

You have my complete sympathy - I ahve never known anything like it, ever, for itchiness. I had it everywhere except my face. It looked exactly like your pics LeonieD. I could cry just thinking about it.

In the end I was prescribed antihistamines and steroid lotion - lotion much better than cream btw. I'm not sure how much they helped but it did clear up after a couple of weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now