Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone found a maternity belt that actually helped and was comfortable?

(9 Posts)
mad4mybaby Fri 12-Sep-08 14:06:16

Have spd and one of my joints in my pelvis at the back is a bit broke so have been having osteo and saw a physio last week who gave me excercises and some tubi grip. She didnt book me another app just said see how you are in 3-4 weeks and that if no better she'd give me a girdle.

Firstly the tubigrip just gets all folded and rumpled up. secondly a girdle sounds like a painful devise! Has anyone found one anywhere that does actually help and isnt uncomfortable?

Im 29 weeks and baby is v v low which isnt helping!

MarkStretch Fri 12-Sep-08 14:10:00

My physio gave me one today which is a big white belt which fastens at the front with velcro.

It's very comfortable. Is that the kind of thing you mean?

mad4mybaby Fri 12-Sep-08 14:14:32

does it go over your bump? Its wierd because i cant stand anything on my bump (no clothes even!) and that is why i thought the tubi grip be good idea as it sits down below bump but it wont stay in one place!

LazyLinePainterJane Fri 12-Sep-08 14:57:21

I got one from mothercrap that fixes with velcro and it just folds and rolls at the bottom of the bump. crapola.

mad4mybaby Fri 12-Sep-08 15:01:57

Thanks for advise not to get mothercare one! This is exactly what i need, what ones to bother trying and what ones not to!

wearymum200 Fri 12-Sep-08 15:06:05

i had jojmamanbebe one in last preg and it did help; didn't get rid of the pain, but at least I was mobile. Crossing fingers for no SPD this time....

LazyLinePainterJane Fri 12-Sep-08 15:21:00

The mothercare one helped at first, when it was new. Once i had worn it a couple of times it started rolling at the bottem, which just hurts more than anything. Have been trying to think of something else to use as the pelvic pain is too much!

MarkStretch Fri 12-Sep-08 17:12:01

Yes mine is very tight over the bump so maybe not what you're after.

hedgepig Fri 12-Sep-08 17:59:15

I have tubigrip (37 weeks0 but I'm wearing it from below the bump to the top of it (not just below the ump) and it seem to help (I was very cynical about it to be honest). Maybe the tubigrip all over your abdomen if you can bear it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now