Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could this mean morning sickness is on the way out? [please say yes!]

(9 Posts)
Cosmogirl Fri 12-Sep-08 12:09:23

Have had bas MS since week 6. It began as all day nausea, then by week 8/9/10 started getting worse with dry heaving and occasional vomiting. Today and yesterday I have felt nauseous, but no retching, an nausea seems calmer than it was. I am now in week 11.

Do you think this might mean it is on the way out? The retching was happening two or three times a day like clockwork up until yesterday...

Tapster Fri 12-Sep-08 12:14:22

Umm my experience two times round is that you are going to probably have some good and some bad days or parts of days for another couple of weeks but everybody is different. Glad you are feeling better.

countrylover Fri 12-Sep-08 12:24:29

Hi Cosmogirl,

I have been following your progress on the nausea thread and I'm so pleased you're feeling a bit better.

I too have a severe phobia of vomiting and feeling sick which means that past few weeks have been like hell for me. (I'm 9 weeks). So I really have been feeling for you and know pretty much how low you must have got. I'm lucky in that all I've had is nausea and mainly in the evenings so I take my hat off to you for getting through the last month or so with such a phobia.

This is my second pregnancy and I started to feel better around 10 weeks so that's not really much help to you.

But I just wanted to say well done and hurrah for having a couple of days off - it can only get better from here.

MrsMattie Fri 12-Sep-08 12:28:05

I had severe nausea and vomiting from week 6-16, then about 2 weeks of good/bad days, then it cleared completely (bliss). Hope this means it's on the way out for you too.

Cosmogirl Fri 12-Sep-08 12:30:09

Thanks Tapster smile

Hi Countrylover, thanks for your kind words. It has been a really tough time. I thought, having the phobia and never getting sick, that I would be one of the lucky ones to escape MS. Well, it wasn't to be, but somehow you manage it. The retching etc has been horrible though and so two days without it and I started to get a bit over-excited!

My nausea is definitely stronger in the evenings than mornings too. I am going to try to go back to work on Monday, which will be a scary experience in itself, but I think I need to try and get some normality back into life.

Good luck with the next few weeks, and here's to a nausea-free second and third trimester for us both! x

Cosmogirl Fri 12-Sep-08 12:31:58

Thanks MrsMattie - I will be so elated when the sicky feeling finally leaves me - might even have a party to celebrate! Bliss, bliss, bliss grin

countrylover Fri 12-Sep-08 12:33:11

Yep, I'm back at work next week too. I took a week off sick and then two weeks holiday. I'm such a wimp! I wasn't even retching or being sick but I still couldn't face work.

I'm kind dreading it - the phobia makes it such a big deal doesn't it? I will be thinking of you back at work too.

Good luck x

Cosmogirl Fri 12-Sep-08 12:37:36

It definitely does make it a much bigger deal. Of course no one likes being/feeling sick, but the level of fear we have around it is much more powerful.

You're not a wimp for not going to work. I think the constant nausea is actually the worse bit. Some people get MS where they throw up once in the morning then feel fine for the rest of the day....so different for everyone.

Will be thinking of you too. Be strong and good luck x

ajm200 Fri 12-Sep-08 12:46:39

Hope it is on the way out for you.

Can't really comment though as I had morning sickness all the way though my first pregnancy right up to delivery and no 'good' days.

This time, no morning sickness at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now