Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2nd pregnancy - how early did you show?

(17 Posts)
MissyK Fri 12-Sep-08 09:27:00

Hey everyone

I am 7wks pg with number 2, and already feeling a bit tubby, probably just water/wind blush. Come the evening when I collapse on the sofa I certainly have a rather obvious 'bump'!
I am a slim size 8 (lucky lady I know) but my favourite jeans are already not that comfortable anymore shock

Am I a freak?! lol..

Just looking for what others have experienced really..

tinkhasanactivebean Fri 12-Sep-08 10:51:41

i showed with this one from 7 weeks am 22 weeks now and mass

MissyK Fri 12-Sep-08 11:03:42

Thanks Tink, so it is possible to show quite early with the 2nd.. 22 weeks and massive, I don't think I even really showed at 22 weeks last time which is why I'm surprised by this one, mind you, once the stomach muscles have gone once I guess...

cathym Fri 12-Sep-08 11:08:57

I have been showing since about 8/9 weeks, although when I say showing, its obvious to me and anyone who knows I am pregnant but if people at work have noticed they are keeping quiet. I find it quite reassuring, I hope it means that the pregnancy is progressing as it should. At the moment I am wearing all my smaller clothes whilst they still fit! I am about 11 weeks now.

mummy2000 Fri 12-Sep-08 11:17:43

I am only about 4 weeks gone and i am looking quite tubby around my belly. I notice there is a slight change in shape. I actually found out i was pregnant as i went to the doctor with a sore, swollen tummy. I thought maybe i was just getting a little fat and didn't understand why as i hadn't been eating any more than usual.This is also my second(after 8 years) and i was huge with my first but didn't really show til i was about 5 months. I'm hoping that i won't be huge this pregnancy but the way i am going, i think i will be. Maybe you are more likely to show sooner when it's your second? hmm

McDreamy Fri 12-Sep-08 11:22:52

This is my 3rd pg and I'm desperate for a bump but not much to show yet - i'm 17 weeks sad

babyinbelly Fri 12-Sep-08 11:43:43

I was definatly fatter at 6/7weeks with second but didn't show, had a bump by 14weeks. More noticable if you are slimer I think. My friend showed almost straight away with her second. I knew weeks before she told me.

midnightexpress Fri 12-Sep-08 11:47:31

Well, I did find myself thinking 'I wonder why all these clothes I bought after ds1 was born are so tight all of a sudden' when ds1 was about 5 months old.

And then i found out...

So about 4/5 weeks. grin

MissyK Fri 12-Sep-08 12:00:07

Hehe... good to see I am not the only one who seems to be expanding rather rapidly.. Close family know I am pg & can see and just tease me saying I'm a bit tubby. MIL saw me last night though - when I was in definate bump mode - lots of fizzy water and pasta were consumed which made me look massive!!
I'd say there's not long now till full on bump is there fulltime.. Ah well, it must be a good sign of things going right!!

neolara Fri 12-Sep-08 12:31:16

At 15 weeks I was asked on four separate occasions if I was pregnant. Mind you, I did have an abolurely huge baby. With my first pregnancy I don't think anyone asked me til I was about 24 weeks.

MegBusset Fri 12-Sep-08 12:37:40

I am 8 weeks with no.2 and my tummy is huge -- have been feeling very bloated and uncomfortable. It's not a proper 'baby' bump though. I just look like I've eaten all the pies.

MissyK Fri 12-Sep-08 16:39:10

Megbusset, same as me then, no definate bump, but look like all I've done is eat junk & not move off the sofa for a few weeks, I'm thinking I may have to buy some bigger jeans next week!

DoubleBluff Fri 12-Sep-08 16:40:37

I had a tummy at 4 weeks on no2, even before i did a test!

TheNaughtiestGirlIsaMonitor Fri 12-Sep-08 16:43:13

I started wearing mat jeans at 9 wks with number two. I coudl have got by for a few weeks longer, fiddling with buttons and so on, but I just wanted to be comfortable. They were lovely jeans from blooming marvellous with an 'under the bump' 3 inch wide (approx) band of covered elastic the whole way round the top. SO comfortable, and they look like normal jeans unless somebody catches a glimpse under your top.

TheNaughtiestGirlIsaMonitor Fri 12-Sep-08 16:44:22

make life easy

Neeerly3 Fri 12-Sep-08 16:44:58

i felt huge from taking the test! I am properly pregnant now, 16 weeks, and in maternity, my previous preg was twins, so think me muscles are a wee bit on the slack side! I started this pregs heavier than i started the last, so think that may have contributed.

MrsMattie Fri 12-Sep-08 16:46:50

I felt very bloated and my jeans were tight at 6 weeks. Didn't show an ounce until much later on first time around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now