Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can you go into labour without having had a show?

(18 Posts)
cat811 Thu 11-Sep-08 17:48:17

I'm 4 days overdue, and very impatient -but have had no show or anything yt. Will I need to wait for all this to happen before I have any contractions or my waters break? Or can you sometimes go into labour without having had mucous plug/blood etc?

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Thu 11-Sep-08 17:49:16

I don't remember having a show with my first, certainly had contractions before I had a show, if I did have a show at all!

IdrisTheDragon Thu 11-Sep-08 17:49:23

I didn't have any show with DS as far as I could tell. Labour with him started with my waters breaking.

Hope your baby is born very soon smile

hiccymapops Thu 11-Sep-08 17:50:15

I didn't have a show at all (and i REALLY kept my eye out for one grin) Then my waters broke.

Hope something happens soon smile

cat811 Thu 11-Sep-08 17:51:37

Sounding encouraging so far - thank you! (not that I will let myself get too positive - could still have another 10 days of this!)

MoChan Thu 11-Sep-08 17:55:54

My plug went about four or five hours after my contractions started (it was a slow labour - seventy odd hours).

Good luck!

dooneygirl Thu 11-Sep-08 18:03:03

I did the first time without having a show. At least I didn't think I did, but I wasn't sure if I had missed it or something. With DD, I had a few contractions, and then had a show, which convinced me I'd never had one with DS, because there is now way I'd miss that.

bloss Thu 11-Sep-08 18:03:14

Message withdrawn

lollipopmother Thu 11-Sep-08 18:26:50

You definitely don't have to have a show before you go into labour, and not everyone's waters will break before contractions either, sometimes the baby can actually be born still in its fluid sack.

pinktree Thu 11-Sep-08 20:28:17

I had no show - and I was looking!

My waters never broke either and lo came out in his sack!

Good luck and eat some pineapple wink

geraldinetheluckygoat Thu 11-Sep-08 20:30:20

I never had a show with either of mine, first one, waters went first, second one I just went into labour with contractions which built up then dragged onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn for dayyyyyyyyyyys grin

nopainnogain Thu 11-Sep-08 20:31:19

No show and waters didn´t break either - twice! I feel robbed!

RhinestoneCowgirl Thu 11-Sep-08 20:32:16

I had strong contractions for about 12 hrs before having a show. Waters didn't break until just before DS was born, just as MW was about to break them. In fact they popped all over her...

RhinestoneCowgirl Thu 11-Sep-08 20:33:42

I had strong contractions for about 12 hrs before having a show. Waters didn't break until just before DS was born, just as MW was about to break them. In fact they popped all over her...

Hope you have your baby soon

Anifrangapani Thu 11-Sep-08 20:34:06

No show here either.

For the second one the Midwife got a shower when my waters broke.

from my experience I would reccommend shopping and clubbing to get the labour under way.

RhinestoneCowgirl Thu 11-Sep-08 20:35:03

not sure what happened there hmm

expatinscotland Thu 11-Sep-08 20:36:33

no show with either of mine.

NO symptoms at all except contractions.

TigerFeet Thu 11-Sep-08 20:37:28

No show here either

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now