Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Amazing pregnancy powers!

(5 Posts)
plantsitter Thu 11-Sep-08 10:52:53

Does anyone else find that pregnancy makes them more bolshy and therefore able to do stuff they never could before?

I'm so proud of myself as this morning there were scary adolescent boys listening to their music out loud on the bus. It was very annoying. Usually I would have just been timidly annoyed for the whole journey but this morning pregnancy power allowed me to very politely say 'would you mind putting the headphones on? It's really annoying' and the scary boys immediately became not at all scary and embarrassedly did so.

Of course it would be better if I could do this all the time but I will admit it - without pregnancy power I am a big wuss.

cathym Thu 11-Sep-08 10:59:30

No chance. I feel a lot more vulnerable when I am pregnant, which is stupid really. Plus where I live you might end up in hospital if you said anything to a bunch of kids

emma2617 Thu 11-Sep-08 11:51:39

I havent said anything to people in person...but with moving house I have had to speak to a lot of call centres to change address, set up gas, leccy, phone line etc and have had very poor service. Normally I would make a feeble complaint and leave it, but instead I have lodged 5 formal complaints (with 5 different companies!) and have had many call backs from managers etc...being a balshy pregnant woman certainly gets you listened to!!

auntyspan Thu 11-Sep-08 11:53:54

YES. Far more outspoken, told my boss off last pregnancy blush and really embarrassed myself....

ButIForgetMyself Thu 11-Sep-08 12:10:57

Yes, absolutely. Managed to tell my boss off too - after 18 months of putting up with stuff I wasn't happy about, and not saying anything, I told her outright that she really pisses me off sometimes.

Maybe not the right words to use, but what is she going to do? Fire me?!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now