Talk

Advanced search

earliest signs of pregnancy?

(39 Posts)
Ilovebeingamummy Wed 10-Sep-08 22:51:39

What were your earliest signs (before positive test?)

SlartyBartFast Wed 10-Sep-08 22:52:24

tingly boobs, strange taste, first that come to mind,
tired, very tired

malfoy Wed 10-Sep-08 22:54:15

tired, very tired 48 hrs after conception.

cali Wed 10-Sep-08 22:55:50

Felt very very sick after visiting a friend who smokes, didn't/doesn't normally bother me at all.

PeppermintPatty Wed 10-Sep-08 23:01:54

Felt sluggish. Swollen tummy. Went off alcohol.

ThisTooWillPass Wed 10-Sep-08 23:03:22

Message withdrawn

shreksmissus Wed 10-Sep-08 23:09:16

Message withdrawn

aSlurOnBrilliantScientists Wed 10-Sep-08 23:14:32

Tightenings in lower ab area.

Vomiting grin

Headaches.

Tired.

CarGirl Wed 10-Sep-08 23:25:54

very tired and feeling rough

GinaTonic Thu 11-Sep-08 01:35:50

Got what felt like a cold and hayfever both at the same time.

Going to the loo lots, but only passing an eggcup's worth of strong smelling, bright orange wee at a time.

Just 'knew'; felt different.

emma2617 Thu 11-Sep-08 09:08:06

Very, extremely, bone crushingly tired!!! about 4/5 days after conception!!

iwantasecondone Thu 11-Sep-08 09:11:27

7 days after conception putting down (yes, putting down!) a bag of m&ms because they tasted "too chocolately."
Was very tired and just "felt" it. Also very hot!

Ilovebeingamummy Thu 11-Sep-08 13:42:39

mmmm all sounds like me...but is it psychosomatic /wishful thinking??? A whole week to find out....

LoveActually Thu 11-Sep-08 14:22:21

I was visiting New York on business trip and we had taken some time out to do some sightseeing. As we were visiting the Statue of Liberty I came over feeling extremely weird, a mixture of queasiness, low blood sugar (as in trembling) and a need to sit down. It only lasted ten mintues but later discovered I would have been just two weeks pg to the day. x

deckchair Thu 11-Sep-08 14:27:08

headaches.
just not feeling "right"
Funny taste in mouth
everything seeming like hard work - pushing lo in pram.
doing stupid things - taking washing upstairs rather than outside to hang it out.

frazzledoldbag34 Thu 11-Sep-08 14:27:58

Giant sore veiny boobs and generally feeling absoutely knackered. Also when the hair dresser made me a cappuccino and I couldn't drink it cos it tasted revolting (normally I drink loads of coffee)......that was when I decided to go home and immediately do a pregnancy test!!!! It was a BFP! - this coffee thing has happened in all 3 of my pregnancies. Weird. `Oh and I was convinced my wee smelt 'different' - and that was about 1 or 2 weeks even before my BFP.
Good luck!

tinkhasanactivebean Thu 11-Sep-08 14:35:57

bubbling feeling in abdomen instead of af type feelings
bleeding gums
freezing cold

MarkStretch Thu 11-Sep-08 14:37:30

Boobs hurt so much when I ran upstairs that I wept.

MarkStretch Thu 11-Sep-08 14:39:03

Oh and that weird metallic taste.

Couldn't eat my favourite tortilla chips because they tasted too salty.

Actually I had that metallic taste again the other day and I'm 18 weeks hmm

Tinkerisdead Thu 11-Sep-08 14:43:02

def the tiredness, had fallen asleep at 4pm on the sofa for three days in a row. also was in the middle of decorating, had done three rooms but when i came to the bathroom i felt funny everytime i went up the ladder. when i got BFP it was a massive lightbulb moment!!

ajm200 Thu 11-Sep-08 14:44:44

Tiredness, lightheadedness

SpangleMaker Thu 11-Sep-08 18:48:56

Sore boobs 4 days before AF - not unusual for me, but more painful than before. Didn't notice anything else at all until a day after AF due when I had a sudden feeling of light-headedness - also very very thirsty.

divedaisy Thu 11-Sep-08 19:36:34

Oh!! Exhausted, irritable (my hubby told me that was how he thought I was BFP weeks before I tested!), huge heavy sore boobs, running to the loo more often, forgetful(??), feel bloated, hot and nearly faint if I stand too long (I had to grab my 5 year old in Boots the other day just to get outside for some fresh air! Everything was beginning to buzz - not nice), thirsty, have had the metalic taste in my mouth (but not this time), go of tea (though not this time - maybe it's a girl!)
Did I mention the huge heavy painfully sore aching boobs - I just want to scratch them off and strap them down so they don't move - yeh and irritable... see??!!
Great isn't it!!?

ThisTooWillPass Thu 11-Sep-08 20:33:14

Message withdrawn

frazzledoldbag34 Thu 11-Sep-08 20:46:37

Oh and I forgot to mention the ahem 'wind' blush that I am currently experiencing (at 7 weeks pg). For the last couple of weeks it has been dreadful and I'm not the only person I know to have experienced this bizarre and un-ladylike side effect of pregnancy. Hope it stops soon.......grin Don't have a clue what causes it but it has also recently beeen accompanied by a touch of heartburn. (Marvellous).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now