Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Visable Feet & Hands

(14 Posts)
Kerri1983 Wed 10-Sep-08 10:17:01

Hiya everyone, just out of curiosity when are you likely to start seeing your babies feet and hands press out of your tummy? smile

ajm200 Wed 10-Sep-08 10:20:12

I started to lumps sticking out of my bump from around 32 weeks. Not obvious what they are without a good feel though. Sometimes they are definately feet, othertimes knees judging by the shape. Don't see or feel hands as baby is head down, just get tickled and scratched.

Baby sometimes reacts to being prodded by prodding back... sweet

Kerri1983 Wed 10-Sep-08 10:27:12

I am 29 weeks and when lying in bed sometimes I can definately feel something boney like a knee or elbow that prods back after a little prodding. I love it but DP thinks I am cruel. grin

ajm200 Wed 10-Sep-08 10:30:02

You are helping with babies development and bonding with it

Nothing wrong with it as long as you are gentle

Is your DH one of those freaked out by baby moving in your tummy or is he always trying to feel. My DH puts his hand on my tummy for a second or two, says felt that and beats a hasty retreat

Kerri1983 Wed 10-Sep-08 10:33:16

Exactly the same here, he will look at my tummy and then when it moves he says it looks like something from Alien.

Then a couple of days later will say he isn't involved enough.

Typical!!

ajm200 Wed 10-Sep-08 10:38:35

It must be difficult for the Dads. All the changes are happening to us. We feel baby moving, get all the emotional ups and downs and the rubbish bit of pregnancy..

They just get to watch our bodies change, deal with our mood swings and otherwise sit on the sidelines...

My DH doesn't get the pregnancy stuff but is a brilliant dad to my toddler..

Romney Wed 10-Sep-08 14:17:29

Apparently, while I was asleep the other morning, DH spent ages watching my stomach wriggling around. So its a bit like they had some time together without me there!

JezzaJ9 Wed 10-Sep-08 15:02:24

I am 27 weeks and if I am laying down relaxing normally after a days work its like the baby is doing a rumba around my tummy. DH loves it and watching the baby react to our voices is really funny if its just the two of us and Im am moaning about work or something like and we are really debating its like the baby has something to say too. I can't wait to be able to get a responses

LeonieD Wed 10-Sep-08 16:22:59

Message withdrawn

chocbiscuits Thu 11-Sep-08 12:32:12

I coudn't see visible hands and feet with my first Ds at 42 weeks and he was average size bang on 8lb at the end.

Thought something was a hand for ages but midwife said elbow. MW might be able to point out some bits for you?!

chocbiscuits Thu 11-Sep-08 12:35:28

Was just wondering whether it depends on the baby's position, as Ds was LOA until very near the end then sort of slipped round sideways a bit OP. If they are LOA, then I think feet and hands are pointing towards your back so might not show, maybe they would if baby was lying breech or OP???

Minniethemoocher Fri 12-Sep-08 10:37:09

Am I strange but I just hate the feeling of wriggling inside me and when I can actually see the hands and feet it makes me feel queasy!! I just give them a gentle poke to make them go back in....

SoupDragon Fri 12-Sep-08 10:41:04

Let's face it, having a person growing inside you is kind of freaky like Alien

Kerri1983 Fri 12-Sep-08 14:09:26

Hiya everyone, I quite like to feel the baby moving around but I admit sometimes is does make me feel a little funny.

Yeah if you think about it too much it can become freaky, like oh my god there are arms and legs and stuff in there!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now