Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone had a c-section at Lister Hospital in Stevenage?

(2 Posts)
Robeena Tue 09-Sep-08 21:50:47

I have just moved to the area and have no knowledge of the hospital – so can anyone tell me what the after care is like? What about whether your husband can stay with you? How many people to a ward that kind of thing.

Theochris Wed 10-Sep-08 09:00:29

Hi, not had a CS there but did have my baby there. I was on a ward with 5 other bays (6 in total) and 2 of the mums in there had given birth via CS.

I found the care really good, but I think it would depend on how busy they were and I know the night I gave birth I was the only woman in labour so I think that this is unusually quiet. The staff were very helpful and did everything they could to help discharge me very early (this is what I wanted).

Visiting seemed very flexible and I seem to remember that unless you have a crash section (general anaesthetic) your partner can be present throughout. They were very nice to my partner, he even got his own tea and toast!

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful perhaps someone who had a section will pop by later. I think they do tours every Saturday afternoon if you want to speak to someone and look round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now