Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help!!! Why do my lady bits feel like they've been booted?? It really is quite painful!!!

(13 Posts)
yousaidit Tue 09-Sep-08 19:36:18

I'm 35wk+ pg and at work today whenever i've stood up or sat down my fanjo feels really sore and tender!! Why? I'd love to smirk and say it must be all the rodgerings but as dh is sleeping in loft so i can try to get some decent sleep then unless my eyes will be watering soon that's definately not the cause!!!! Any suggestions?

nickytwotimes Tue 09-Sep-08 19:37:59

Could be varicose veins? Have you had a look with a mirror? Or piles?

yousaidit Tue 09-Sep-08 19:39:37

Definately not piles, I've kept those keepsakes tucked up my arse since the last pg!! And i can definately remeber what they felt like. Sigh... looks like it will be the romantic evening with dh proddling round and diagnosing me with huge flaps and needing to see a doc asap!!!!!

Goober Tue 09-Sep-08 19:41:21

Is it your cliterus or just the whole area?

mum2bagain Tue 09-Sep-08 19:42:05

Actually, I feel the same, I'm 38+1. When I mentioned to the midwife that I felt like I'd been booted with steel toe caps - lol, she said it was just the pressure of the baby and weight on the pubic bone, not SPD, but I presume something similar. It comes and goes, sometimes its worse than others, especially in the morning when I get up, because I've been sleeping on my sides, legs closed, ahem, its prob just that.

yousaidit Tue 09-Sep-08 19:44:44

Thanks mum2bagain! That helps. Goober, its all the area that you knickers cover, basically, if that helps? Feels sore and 'heavy' like something pressing or pushing (not to state the obvious but i know there's a baby there if that doesn't sound too daft!!) smile

warthog Tue 09-Sep-08 19:52:50

i had this. i put an ice pack on and after a few days it got better.

LeonieD Wed 10-Sep-08 09:22:32

Message withdrawn

lizzyleek Tue 16-Sep-08 11:10:57

I have pains in my lady parts been having them since I was about 5mths only mine are more like electric shocks than being kicked!mw said it was the baby he could be lay on a nerve or his hand touching the top of my cervix! I'm 39 wks now and the pains are slowly getting worse but mw said it is because he is engaged and the presure of his head on my cervix will be making it worse.

bessie26 Tue 16-Sep-08 22:36:03

i was really achy on one side for a week or so, but put it down to sleeping on my side.... then I discovered the varicose veins on my vulva

I'd put my feet up for a bit if i were you... just incase!

Verso Wed 17-Sep-08 05:11:36

Are you sure it's not SPD (symphysis publis dysfunction)? I had this with my DD and it was agony!! Am hoping I don't get it this time round... although my pelvis has already started making a loud cracking noise when I roll over in bed shock. You can minimise the pain by only moving in certain ways (and keeping your legs together - seriously - to keep your pelvis in alignment - 'rogerings' notwithstanding!)

Alexa808 Wed 17-Sep-08 06:01:24

I read somewhere that at 34 weeks + another rush of hormones comes in making your fanjo and pelvic area feel really tender and intercourse can be painful. I've had the same with mine blush and it felt as if it was all about to fall out. Got better after about 2 weeks.

I really, really hope you haven't been a naughty girl and carrying much! That may also cause pain.

Babytomsmum Wed 17-Sep-08 08:21:22

Hello, I have this too due to varicose veins on the left side of my fanny (nice!!). I've been advised to try and avoid standing for long periods. It does seem to be worse if I've been rushing around a lot, almost as though my bits are going to fall out! Oh the joys...at least it's all worth it in the end

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now