Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is anyone else really b****y annoyed with media's preoccupation with weight and pregnancy?

(5 Posts)
LoveActually Tue 09-Sep-08 19:05:53

In the media requests section I noticed a womans magazine looking for women who had 'better figures'after their pregnancy. Was a bit disappointed but not surprised by fact that they were looking for women who were slimmer than pre-pg! I wish there were some celebrities out there who didn't feel the need to diet themselves silly. Am 23 weeks and is only time I have felt comfortable with my body and my shape, am I the only one?
x

jadey24 Tue 09-Sep-08 19:27:42

Not the only one...altho i was a tiny size 6-8 b4 pregnancy ( not intentionally either)i was happy to finally gain some weight and feel femimine during pregnancy and was actually dreading after the baby was born coz i knew id lose it...i did and went back to 7st 12 and hated it but thankfully have gone upto 8st and starting to feel happy again.

xx

laweaselmys Tue 09-Sep-08 19:53:37

you're so right. I have always been underweight, and I love that I've got my curves now. I hope I keep them!

pinkspottywellies Tue 09-Sep-08 20:57:35

But although the examples she gave were if you were thinner after having a baby, one could always have replied saying that they had a better figure after they filled out more like the first two replies here.

I read the other day that Charlotte Church won't leave the house at the minute because she's put on a lot of weight again in her second pg. I think that's really sad.

LoveActually Fri 12-Sep-08 14:54:44

God that is sad pinkspottywellies, Charlotte Church is quite young, and she didn't have her first so long ago, I heard it's a good idea to give your body at least a year to 18 months to get back to normal. Of course that's in an ideal world
I was slim before I got pg, but probably too slim, maybe that's why i feel better about my body. If I'd been overweight I might have felt differently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now