Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So I've had my show, how much longer do i have to wait?

(15 Posts)
kitsmummy Mon 08-Sep-08 16:26:23

I'm 39 weeks + 2 days and had my show 8 hours ago. I know that it can take another 2 weeks etc but just wondering how long it took other MNers to go into labout after their show? If it's of any relevance, this is my second pregnancy (never noticed the show in my first one)

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 08-Sep-08 16:28:35

i had my show on sunday evening and noticed that i was in slow labour on monday morning. dd1 was born on tuesday afternoon!

twocutedarlings Mon 08-Sep-08 16:30:25

I had my show with DD2 at 2.30am and she was born at 6.30am grin.

MrsTittleMouse Mon 08-Sep-08 16:31:09

I had my show and first contraction Friday lunchtime, and DD1 wasn't born until Monday evening. hmm I'm hoping that things go a little quicker this time around.
Good luck.

kitsmummy Mon 08-Sep-08 16:33:50

Thanks ladies, likely to be in the next couple of days then I guess smile

lollipopmother Mon 08-Sep-08 16:43:23

Kitsmummy - Ohhh how very exciting! I don't think you're on our 'due Sept' ante-natal thread, but we'd love to hear your experiences etc should you wish to chat about your progress. You can find us here

kitsmummy Mon 08-Sep-08 16:46:21

thanks lollipop, have now added to that thread

MummyAnnabella Mon 08-Sep-08 16:59:55

i had show on thurs and baby on sat

GeegeeMum Mon 08-Sep-08 17:09:28

Im sorry but what does it look like im 37wks not sure if i had it yet.

Romy7 Mon 08-Sep-08 17:10:28

show the week before christmas, mahoosive braxton hicks for well over a week - water broke and labour on new year's day, ds1 born 2nd. it went on forever. do hope you are luckier grin

MrsTittleMouse Mon 08-Sep-08 17:13:21

GeeGeeMum - it's a bit grim. It basically looks like snot mixed with a bit of pink or brown blood. Lovely!

GeegeeMum Mon 08-Sep-08 17:16:36

I had the discharge that look like snot but only once with the blood, but not sure if it was my show or cause i had and internal exam done the day before

PortBlacksandResident Mon 08-Sep-08 17:16:39

Show at 1am Sunday. Born early hours of Monday.

Good Luck smile!

ajm200 Mon 08-Sep-08 17:19:34

Last time, had a show at 37 weeks and contractions started almost immediately but stopped again and I ended up being induced over the next week due to health issues.

This time I has a show at 29 weeks. Baby still staying in 5 weeks later, thank goodness.

I hope that this is it for you and your baby comes really soon.

GeeGeeMum - you could have a show and not notice as it could get washed away when you pee or you could wipe it away. MrsT's description is spot on though. A big lump of clear snot with pink or brown bits in it -very yukky.

GeegeeMum Mon 08-Sep-08 17:25:58

Thanks Ladies Good Luck to everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now