Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Those of you who fell pg when BFing without proper periods returning how did you know?

(27 Posts)
VictorianSqualor Mon 08-Sep-08 12:29:10

I feel extremely sickyhmm

fourlittlefeet Mon 08-Sep-08 12:30:17

very unwell, thought I had ME as couldn't get up, painful nipples during BF, narky, hungry. DP couldn't see the difference grin

bratnav Mon 08-Sep-08 12:30:37

erm, she kicked blush

VictorianSqualor Mon 08-Sep-08 12:31:05

LOL bratnav.

IdrisTheDragon Mon 08-Sep-08 12:31:50

A friend of mine thought she either had some really odd tummy problem or was pregnant.

Went and had a scan and discovered she was 19 weeks pregnant.

bratnav Mon 08-Sep-08 12:31:59

actually I knew as soon as we had had sex, but chose to ignore the instinct and denied it until I was 5 months (god that's worse)

VictorianSqualor Mon 08-Sep-08 12:35:47

Had you had any periods?

bratnav Mon 08-Sep-08 12:38:38

No, DD1 was still exclusively breastfed (6 months) so no periods from being PG with 1 to finishing BFing 2

JamInMyWellies Mon 08-Sep-08 12:40:50

felt sick as a dog and kept falling asleep mid afternoon.

PinkTulips Mon 08-Sep-08 12:47:15

i puked in the sink 2 days in a row and realised i'd been falling asleep on the sofa alot recently and a girl at work had complimented my boobs a month before grin

was somewhere between 10 and 14 weeks. (hospital didn't scan til '20' weeks which would have made me 10 when testing but i gave birth at 38 weeks to ds 8lbs 10ozs, felt overdue and looked alot further on all the way through.

Wisknit Mon 08-Sep-08 12:53:14

1st time felt v. sick. Then started being sick and crying for no reason and so tired.
2nd time I got v. emotional, crabby and 'just knew'.

VictorianSqualor Mon 08-Sep-08 12:54:52

Hmm.
I've felt really sick the last two days.
I've been really tired and emotional, but blamed it on having a 22 week old that wakes a lot in the night.

Think it might be some kind of bug though because I don't just feel sick, I feel really shaky.

Wisknit Mon 08-Sep-08 13:02:20

I blamed my tiredness on having an 8 months old who didn't sleep.

Hope you feel better soon.
Would being pg be a real disaster?

VictorianSqualor Mon 08-Sep-08 13:09:35

Not a disaster, no.
We were planning on TTC after christmas, but just over the last few days we've been saying you might wait a bit longer as DS2 is still quite hard work and I'm not good with pregnancy.
I don't think I am anyway, I kind of posted to reassure myself that I'm not in a weird way, you know who if you talk about it it makes it not happen?

<<realises she sounds mad>>

VictorianSqualor Mon 08-Sep-08 13:10:06

You might waithmm
We might waitblush

PinkTulips Mon 08-Sep-08 13:12:22

that's how i felt at the beginnning of this preg.... really shaakey and ill.

you know what you have to do..... test!

VictorianSqualor Mon 08-Sep-08 13:15:40

I don't have time to test!
I have to take the kids to the fair and then tomorrow we move house and DS1 starts school and I'd have to go into town to get a test blah blah

I'll leave it for a while see if I have a period, I had my first period since coming off the pill about 4 weeks ago.

PinkTulips Mon 08-Sep-08 13:18:07

can dh/dp not pick one up for you?

a friend?

i can never stand the waiting and wondering!

VictorianSqualor Mon 08-Sep-08 13:20:02

Hmm, I suppose he could. I always take ages to get a BFP even when pg anyway, for some reason the hormone doesn't seem to be very strong in me at the beginning so I may as well wait and see.

Wisknit Mon 08-Sep-08 13:22:57

I wanted to wait a bit longer with this ne and still fell pg without a period. This was despite using contraception so you have my sympathies.

Just wait and see I suppose or get some one to get you a test just in case.

You haven't done anything rash like buy a mooncup recently have you (that was my downfall!) Works everytime.

PinkTulips Mon 08-Sep-08 13:27:02

i got negs at 9 weeks with dd, barely pos at 10-14 with ds but got a whacking great line at 5 weeks with this dc grin

TEST

VictorianSqualor Mon 08-Sep-08 13:47:12

LOL.
Ok, okay.
I'll test when I get the chance to grab one.
then I'll come back and disappoint you all with a BFN.

PinkTulips Mon 08-Sep-08 15:42:31

or make us all grin with a huge fat positive.

how far do you think you are if it is +ive?

taliac Mon 08-Sep-08 15:45:56

Sick, tired.. so tested and got a +

VictorianSqualor Mon 08-Sep-08 20:42:00

BFN!!

(Although I did shit me pants when I did the first one, but didn't wee enough (sorry TMI!) and there was a really faint line when I tried to use it - evaporation line thank goodness)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now