Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sharp pains - 34 weeks pregnant, need reassurance

(5 Posts)
GirlWithTheMouseyHair Mon 08-Sep-08 10:03:55

I've got some really sharp pains pretty low down (similar to when you really need a wee os much it hurts, but I've been for a wee!), they started when I walked to walk about 2 hours ago and haven't really stopped, in fact they were fine when sat down but now def getting worse...should I be worried?

EllieG Mon 08-Sep-08 10:06:32

Don't fret too much, sure is nothing as aches and pains are common in all of pg, but I would get checked out. Perhaps give your MW a call or trundle down and see then just to put your mind at rest.

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Mon 08-Sep-08 10:09:47

thanks ellie...I've had a variety of pains and niggles throughout, this is just so sharp, and forgot to bring my maternity notes to work with my midwife number on it, also I temp so want to avoid spending the day in the DAU if there's nowt wrong...thanks for replying so quickly

ajm200 Mon 08-Sep-08 10:18:53

It's normal to get lots of aches and pains at this late stage of pregnancy. Your ligments and muscles are softening and you are carrying a lot of extra weight on your front.. You may have just pulled a muscle, could have a UTI or baby may just be pressing on something,

I suffer from SPD and get sharp stabbing pains in my groin if I walk to far. I've also had other sharp stabbing pains that felt like they were inside me and the midwife said they were probably my cervix getting ready..

Try not to worry. Call your Doctors surgery and they'll give you the MW's number. It is best to get checked out rather than worry all day long.

woose Tue 09-Sep-08 12:44:12

I think I know what you mean. I am having these sharp stabbing pains inside and very low down (38 weeks). Think it might be baby kicking bladder, but don't really know. Very painful though, but not constant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now