Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

For those who are bottle feeding....

(9 Posts)
Pontypine Sun 07-Sep-08 20:21:03

Which milk are you going to use?

I have 2 DCs and i used SMA for both - both started on gold but DC2 moved onto hungry baby milk. BUT, my friend who has a 7week old, started hers on Sma gold and said it was very thick and rich and after a couple of weeks he was very sicky and it was cottage cheesey (TMI?) and now she is using Cow & Gate

I know every baby is different and i won't stock pile 6 or 7 tubs of SMA just in case but which milk are you starting on?

TheHedgeWitch Sun 07-Sep-08 20:23:21

Message withdrawn

Diege Mon 08-Sep-08 11:12:04

I think Aptamil (by Milupa?) is meant to be the most palatable for sensitive digestions, though can be hard to find in the smaller supermarkets and quite pricey. I used SMA gold quite succesfully smile.

notsoslimnow Mon 08-Sep-08 12:57:04

hi there, i have stocked up on aptimil.baby due a week on sunday! i asked a friend of my mum's who is a midwife and she suggested aptimil was supposed to be easiest to digest or something? hmm anyway other reason being my local tesco and asda stock it AND i can get it from boots down the road from me and put the points on my advantage card (yay)(although thats the same for most others too) wink having said that baby will probably decide now i have 6 tubs in the cupboard he doesnt like it!!!!

FrockHorror Mon 08-Sep-08 13:02:45

We had the same with the SMA thing too. DS was on the gold and found it a bit rich, plus it didn't seem to satisfy him enough, so we moved on to the white and he really struggled to digest it. We then went on to Cow and Gate 1 (the green one) and although DS digests it much better than the others, he is still never satisfied so has to be fed more often.

wordgirl Mon 08-Sep-08 20:26:40

Notsoslimnow, I don't think you can get advantage points on first stage formula, only on follow-on stuff.

lauraloola Tue 09-Sep-08 12:57:22

Started dd on SMA Gold but it made her very sick after a few weeks and she had a bad rash on her face. We changed her to Hipp Organic and she is fine now. Hipp is slightly thicker then other milks so kinder on their tummies.

laughalot Tue 09-Sep-08 13:00:23

My son was on cow and gate he had no problems.
My dd started on cow and gate and wasnt to clever with it so changed to aptimal irs expensive but I found it great.

izzybiz Tue 09-Sep-08 16:18:28

Both of my older children had Cow & Gate, with this one Im having now I was thinking of using Aptimil, but reading the ingredients etc on both cartons they are exactly the same.

Will be sticking with what I know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now