Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where to buy a liner/ sheet for old moses basket?

(11 Posts)
lulu1414 Sun 07-Sep-08 14:58:17

Thanks to all of you who gave me great recommedations for where to buy a mattress for my DH's old moses basket. I now realise I need to get liner/ sides/ sheets etc. Any ideas wise ladies? All I have is the hard wicker frame and need to get it completely (safely) kitted out.

notcitrus Sun 07-Sep-08 15:17:58

Pillowcases = sheets for Moses basket. I would guess a single sheet folded in half would line the basket effectively?

Ebay, NCT sales and Freecycle have provided us with most of our baby gear.

lulu1414 Sun 07-Sep-08 15:22:39

Thanks- but don't I need something to cover the sides and to pad it? Most seem to have padded liners and covers. The basket itself is wicker and has gaps in it, so I would have to cover those up, I think...

MrsBadger Sun 07-Sep-08 15:46:00

the best sheets are old pillowcases as you (or your mum) have loads in the airing cupboard already

I had a link to a liner, hang on

MrsBadger Sun 07-Sep-08 15:58:49

£8.50

mrsmontano Sun 07-Sep-08 19:45:36

my moses basket liner wasn't padded, it was just a single layer like a cotton sheet, I thought it was better not too padded, for breathe-ability in case the baby puts it's face in to it? I dunno I may have just made that up...

I got fitted stretchy sheets, flat top sheets and cellular blankets from mothercare.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 07-Sep-08 19:56:49

You can fashion one from a single fitted sheet if you are able to sew - just use the elasticated ends sewn together and measure it out.

wombleprincess Sun 07-Sep-08 19:57:49

john lewis stock them.

Teuch Sun 07-Sep-08 20:44:40

lovely shop on ebay - I'll find it for you! I have ordered a new set for our moses basket since ours was very gender-biased and we don't know what we're having this time!

Teuch Sun 07-Sep-08 20:48:58

here although if you search 'moses basket covers' there are a few cheaper on there!

MelT76 Mon 08-Sep-08 09:34:05

Matalan do really cheap moses basket/ cot sheets. Think i got 2 moses basket matress covers for £4

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now