Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ok is it normal to be grumpy, snappy and short tempered in pregnancy??

(15 Posts)
lilymolly Sat 06-Sep-08 22:23:18

12 weeks pregnant with dc2
Have had a fairly rough time, hyperemesis, tiredness ect but at the moment just feel yacky, tired but sickness is just about controlled.
Have full time job, dd 2.8 and dp

The thing is I am sooooooooo stroppy at the moment and hell to live with blush according to dp sad

Dont remember being this irritable with dd
any tips, advice or is it just normal and I have to learn to deal with it?

Please help.
I fear for my relationships sad

expatinscotland Sat 06-Sep-08 22:24:10

yes, especially with no. 2.

make sure DP is doing as much as he can round hte house so you can get some sleep.

FanjolinaJolly Sat 06-Sep-08 22:24:22

Oh yes,perfectly normal

Good luck!

AnotherFineMess Sat 06-Sep-08 22:27:12

Yes!

Probably an old wives' tale but I have heard that you can be more aggressive when pregnant with a boy...something about testosterne.

I was. But then a sample of 1 isn't conclusive is it grin.

If you start getting very weepy & extra-tired too, get checked for anaemia - much more common in second pregnancies and easily remedied with iron tablets.

controlfreakinfreaky Sat 06-Sep-08 22:28:27

oh yes. lasts about 10 years.

lilymolly Sat 06-Sep-08 22:37:37

sitting in bed mumsnetting
dp just come in and got into bed and totally ignored me

LittlePushka Sat 06-Sep-08 22:52:04

Oh honey, it ma or may not be normal but it is very common!

Want to add that after the birth you will also be permanently angry (like, REALLY angry)with DH for not being as brilliant at parenting as you and permanenly angry at the word for being such a horrid place for your darling bundle of joy!

My DH says I have had a personality transplant, but that was the donor not the recipent! Charming!

I have two under two years and it did get better...after birth and especially when 2nd baby was about 10/12 weeks. In my 2nd PG mood swings were vile... even I thought I was horrid.

No magic cure to share with you except that watching my two sons engage and smile with one another is truly something which, for me, banishes all the niggles put together. It sounds a bit trite or sugar sweet to say that, but it does put me right back into my old self again, the relaxed and happy one

I hope it gets better and good luck with rest of PG smile

lilymolly Sat 06-Sep-08 23:01:00

I know I am horrid and apologise for it, but dp still moans on at me.

I am fucking sick of working, tidying house, shopping etc etc etc.

Going to go to sleep now- up early in morning to visit in laws
<dutiful DIL emoticon>

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Sun 07-Sep-08 07:05:36

heck I am like that when I am no pg so totally normal imo.

hope you feel better today

colacubes Sun 07-Sep-08 07:10:23

yes normal for some dont worry, Ihave a friend who was a bloody lunatic, sure just just came to see me instead of kicking the dog. It will pass,

ladytophamhatt Sun 07-Sep-08 07:40:49

If i was God i'd make it law (or whatever a god would do) that all fathers/men have to experience the hormonal surges we get when PG, just for a few days and let them see just how impossible it it to control them.

I'd also make every expectant father have one day, just one 24 hour day of being massively heavily pregnant.
See how they manage it.
See how bloody awful it is.
See how difficult it is.

That'd stop them bloody moaning.
angry

Tell Dp to shout his cakehole, lily.

lilymolly Sun 07-Sep-08 08:35:52

grin

just read the answers to dp and we have had a laugh about this!!

Woke up in a better mood today but after a morning with inlaws and the vistiing princess SIL we will see how long it lasts wink

AnotherFineMess Sun 07-Sep-08 22:20:08

Hi lilymolly, hope you survived the oulaws visiting!

lilymolly Mon 08-Sep-08 18:33:49

oh yes survived thanks!!
it was my own parents who irritated the hell out of me today grin

rrrayray Mon 08-Sep-08 21:26:46

Two words

*VERY NORMAL*

Hope your OH can understand your body is in turmoil and making something very special!xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now