Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lakeside or Bluewater?

(12 Posts)
Claire236 Sat 06-Sep-08 21:45:56

I'm currently living in Germany but visiting family in the UK shortly. Does anyone have an opinion on whether Lakeside or Bluwater would be best for buying maternity clothes?

cmotdibbler Sat 06-Sep-08 21:48:41

Bluewater is great for mat wear - theres quite a few shops that stock it

whomovedmychocolate Sat 06-Sep-08 21:52:47

Bluewater is generally much nicer IMHO.

nobodysfool Sat 06-Sep-08 22:04:13

Depends what your after......
Bluewater is much nicer but there are no 'cheapo' shops (Primark,Peacocks etc).
I went to Bluewater first and had a nightnare finding reasonable priced maternity clothes-i could have spent a fortune in the high end shops but i did'nt see the point as i wont be in them that much,unless it was a special occasion.
The New look at Bluewater doesn't have ANY maternity clothes as they have moved them all to lakeside.
I found the vast majority of my maternity wardrobe in Lakeside-Peacocks was especially good as was H & M.
HTH.

Claire236 Sat 06-Sep-08 22:10:45

Thanks for the replies
Definitely after more the New Look, H&M end of the market for most things. Might get a few more expensive bits for work & wear them to death but going for cheap tops particularly as when I was pregnant with my son I didn't actually get big enough for some of my mat stuff.

KezzaG Sat 06-Sep-08 22:19:33

I would say Lakeside as Red Herring has some really nice reasonable bits in Debenhams. There is also Dorothy Perkins and I think M&S has some maternity peices too.

Claire236 Sun 07-Sep-08 09:36:58

Looking more & more like a trip to Lakeside. Will leave DS with my mum & haul DH kicking & screaming round the shops. Well I need someone to carry my bags

mad4mybaby Sun 07-Sep-08 11:41:09

bluewater is so much nicer! I went yesterday. There is mothercare, H&M, blooming marvellous, dorothy perkins, topshop, an expensive maternity shop but v nice downstairs cache something or other? Also next. Not sure what the department stores have in terms of maternity but you could ring and check, theres M&S, house of fraser and john lewis. Parking is free too.

Claire236 Sun 07-Sep-08 11:51:46

I do prefer Bluewater generally but wasn't sure which would be best for maternity stuff.

nobodysfool Sun 07-Sep-08 15:28:00

TBH i found Redherring a bit rubbish for maternity stuff only a few rails.

MadameCastafiore Sun 07-Sep-08 15:29:17

Gap does Maternity stuff at Bluewater too now!

JudyJones Sun 07-Sep-08 15:58:59

I would go Lakeside -- I went to Bluewater early on expecting to have a great day maternity wear shopping but didn't buy anything, because it was all too expensive... Gap did have a nice selection, but it was frustratingly tiny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now