Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

those of that have/had SPD when and how did you get crutches?

(6 Posts)
mad4mybaby Sat 06-Sep-08 14:40:39

Had SPD with first pg 2 years ago and this time it has come on alot earlier. have been seeing osteo for along time which helps my back but not my pelvis for some reason. ANyway i have a physio appt on tuesday and just wondering who gave you crutches and under whos suggestion? Also did they help?

I have a 2yr old so rest isnt much of an option except when he's asleep. Trouble is i cant go out anywhere and not walk for much more than 20 mins without it REALLY hurting and i end up sort of shuffling about and say i went out in the am i cant go out in the pm as end up having to sit on sofa with hot water bottle and only get up to shuffle to the loo. Just wondering if they'd help

whomovedmychocolate Sat 06-Sep-08 21:35:51

Physio gave me crutches at 12 weeks pregnant in similar situation (toddler legging it around). I found paracetamol helpful as well as keeping joints warm and wearing very tight pants (I have no idea why that helped but it did!) Good luck. Mind buggered off in the last trimester when the pre-eclampsia kicked in.

MrsMattie Sat 06-Sep-08 21:38:21

Last pregnancy - got crutches from A&E when I woke up one morning (at 36 weeks pregnant) and couldn't move let alone walk.

This time the SPD has kicked in a lot earlier, although so far I haven't had the need for crutches, but have agreed with physio that if I feel I need them, they won't hesitate to give them to me.

mad4mybaby Sun 07-Sep-08 13:03:26

so who decides you get them? And di they help?

NorbertDentressangle Sun 07-Sep-08 13:16:16

I was given crutches by the obstetric physio at about 7 months - I could have had them earlier but resisted until then due to them being impractical.

I saw the Obstetric Physio via self-referral after seeing GP

MrsMattie Mon 08-Sep-08 11:52:05

I begged A&E for them last time. I literally couldn't walk, so yes, they helped a bit ie. I could hobble from room to room! This time I have been seeing a physio since early on in my pregnancy and I'll be able to have them if/when I want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now