Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2nd baby worries

(7 Posts)
mousebear Fri 05-Sep-08 21:29:45

Hi

Just found out i'm pregnant with 2nd child which was something we wanted, now am panicking about reality of it all. Can I cope.. afford it... enough space in home... going through sleepless nights again.... ARGGGHH.

Anyone else feel this frantic????

countrylover Fri 05-Sep-08 21:49:30

mouse - I felt the exact same way as you when i found out. we were trying and of course wanting a second child but when i did the test i burst into tears and not through happiness...

i had a terrible 3 day labour ending in emergency c-secton and DS in SCBU for 2 weeks with a heart condition (now resolved). i swore i wouldn't do it again and all those feelings came back to moment i found out i was pregnant again.

i posted a few weeks ago and got some lovely, caring responses which made me feel so much better.

give yourself time - i'm now only eight weeks but i've (sort of) got my head round it. i have good days and bad days but i know it will all be worth it in the end.

bethoo Fri 05-Sep-08 21:55:53

i am 35 weeks with mt second and only just getting excited. it will happen smile

gigglewitch Fri 05-Sep-08 22:00:30

congrats, mouse smile
believe it, and don't panic (I did this with #3) you find a way around everything, and your dc1 will have some company.

And answer to your last question - yes everyone feels this frantic - that OhShitWhatHaveIDone moment. hope you get to the 'deliriously happy' stage soon. i think it is part of the whole thing tbh, something we have to go through in preparation.
OK i'll stop playing at psychologist and buggeroff wink

gigglewitch Fri 05-Sep-08 22:01:20

the err,de-what happy have i typed hmm sorry

strawberrycornetto Fri 05-Sep-08 22:01:21

I felt terrified about having a second child. I loved my PFB DD so much and was worried I would feel differently towards her or wouldn't love another baby as much. The feelings didn't go away when I found out I was pregnant but I did gradually get my head around it and feel calmer.

Now DS is here, I am happier than I could explain. The reality has been better than I could have ever hoped, and all the pieces just seemed to fall into place. grin Good luck!

mousebear Sat 06-Sep-08 12:11:52

Thanks everyone for your messages, sure the panic will ease soon.

Thanks country lover i had similiar experience as you, and feel the same good to know not the only mother with awful thoughts of guilt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now