Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Blood Type A- DS A+ Difficulties with this pregnancy?

(7 Posts)
MissyK Fri 05-Sep-08 13:52:24

Hi, just wondering really.. didn't want to google as I know I'll find all sorts of conflicting information.

I am A- & my DS is A+ Had injections during my last pregnancy & after DS was born.
I am now 5wks pregnant again & wondering if I will need to have injections again this time round?

I am seeing the midwife & having an early scan next week (scan as have an ovarian cyst which they are checking on) & wondered if I should mention it then as I had my last child in Germany not the UK so unsure if they have all my records.

Thanks for any help

Pruners Fri 05-Sep-08 13:56:47

Message withdrawn

PeppermintPatty Fri 05-Sep-08 14:00:40

If you are a negative blood group you will need injections in every pregnancy.

MissyK Fri 05-Sep-08 14:03:12

Thanks Pruners, I'll make a note in my diary to make sure I remember to tell her then ) I'm useless at remembering anything when sat in front of doctors/midwives etc.

Hope your pregnancy runs smoothy

tiggerlovestobounce Fri 05-Sep-08 14:04:58

You will be offered jabs in each pregnancy. You only need them if the baby is rh+, but there is no way of knowing that beforehand, so yes, you should be offered them.

Snaf Fri 05-Sep-08 14:11:25

You can certainly to the mw when you see her, but you will have blood taken at your booking appt anyway which will confirm your Rhesus status. They should then sort out your anti-D injections when those booking blood results come through.

You will be offered injections at 28 and 34 weeks (sometimes just 28 weeks depending on Trust policy), and after the baby is born if he/she is Rhesus +ve - just like before.

But no harm in mentioning it early smile

Snaf Fri 05-Sep-08 14:11:54

can certainly tell the mw

crappy keyboard!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now