Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is this normal? i am worried

(10 Posts)
mrsleroyjethrogibbs Fri 05-Sep-08 07:47:16

I am only 5 weeks pg but the last week I actually felt pg and felt that my tummy was growing inside. Unlike my other two pg I havent had morning sickness so far and odd as it sounds this is actually worrying me. I always felt kind of comforted that morning sickness meant that the baby was 'sticking' well.
So what I am saying is that I am worried because I no longer feel that tummy growing feeling and I have no morning sickness. Its so out of character and I have a feeling you are going to tell me I am being daft but still...

the only things diff with this pg is that this baby was concieved when dh was still smoking and I have been treated homeopathically since I had my last dc and am so much healthier/better for it. I.e. i have no hayfever anymore despite suffering for years and years with it.

oh tell me I am being stupid.

belgo Fri 05-Sep-08 07:52:09

It is normal, at five weeks it's still very early days and it's normal not to feel any 'growing' or any morning sickness.

As you know, there are never any guarentees, but try not to worry, and congratulations!smile

zwiggy Fri 05-Sep-08 07:53:01

i had no sickness / symptoms with my ds. previously i had had alot of sickness in a pregnancy which resulted in mc. so no symptoms doesn,t mean anything

MrsMattie Fri 05-Sep-08 08:00:27

I posted about having lack of MS and other symptoms at 5 weeks. At 7 weeks, severe hypermesis kicked in and I was eating my words (or puking up my words!) for months to come grin. It's very early days. Try not to worry.

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Fri 05-Sep-08 08:16:00

thanks ladies. i knew i was being stupid. silly thing is I have never worried with the other two pg. i think its my dh saying things like well you are 32 now and I am 42 we are both older.....yes dear, i had noticed. and the smoking thing really has freaked me out too. I kind of thought of the other two as 'clean pregnancies' and this one might be different with the age and the smoking thing being factors..
but hey I am still nice and young and I dont smoke

Portofino Fri 05-Sep-08 08:19:51

For my pregancy I had no early symptoms apart from missed AF and extreme tiredness. I never got any morning sickness at all - though travelling used to make me feel ill.

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Fri 05-Sep-08 08:21:14

its just i had ms badly with both dd and ds and its kind of wierd i have nothing yet.
i am certain I will regret writing this soon though

belgo Fri 05-Sep-08 09:56:01

pregnancies can be different. I'm expecting my third baby, and this pregnancy has been my best yet.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Fri 05-Sep-08 11:32:45

the 'belly growing' feeling is in your mind anyway, there is no way your belly is growing at this early stage. It's also a bit early to expect MS.
My DH smoked when I conceived (actually so did I) and baby is fine.

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Fri 05-Sep-08 12:46:06

phew phew phew thaks everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now