Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

weight gain during pregnancy

(14 Posts)
mamatilly Thu 04-Sep-08 13:59:40

gosh, feeling quite enormous and only 31 weeks... people seem quite shocked when i tell them 9 weeks to go... mmmm that sure doesn't help.

so far have put on 1 1/2 stone, midwife tells me that most weight is put on in last few weeks... yikes!

2cats2many Thu 04-Sep-08 14:05:23

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I have 6 weeks to go and look as though I'm about to give birth any minute now.

I also had the same situation with my dd. I got totally fed up with complete strangers commenting on my size and asking whether it was twins, etc.

My dd ended up being a whopper (just shy of 10lbs) and I'm expecting this one to be even bigger.

reban Thu 04-Sep-08 14:07:48

everyone varies in the amount of weight they put on. My standard is about 2 stone, yet my sis put on 5 stone with both of hers. Honestly i think 1 1/2 stone at 31 weeks is not bad so dont worry about it too much
im only 25 weeks and put on about 8 lbs so far but feel absolutely enormous. Its not the same as just having an extra layer of fat its all to do with the extra work your body has to do and the way your internal organs get rearranged! hmm

pgwithnumber3 Thu 04-Sep-08 14:08:02

I 1/2 stone is nothing! You have probably just had a growth spurt (ie your bump!) and that is why you feel huge. It used to happen to me. I would get to 32 weeks and look like I was about the drop but then stay the same size for a few weeks, have another spurt at around 36 weeks then stay the same size until the end.

If you are having a larger baby (like 2cats) then you are obviously going to have a larger bump. smile

Don't worry! My bump was HUGE with DD1 and she was only 7lb.

BarbieLovesKen Thu 04-Sep-08 14:13:17

God 1 1/2 stone at 31 weeks is teeny !!! hope Im lucky enough to put on that little if we have another!!.

Put on 5 1/2 stone with dd!!

mamatilly Thu 04-Sep-08 14:15:30

thankyou lovely mums-netters xxx

people's comments can be so intrusive and really set you off on one....

as long as i keep eating healthy food and stay away from (most) sticky buns, then what will be will be

xxx

wombleprincess Thu 04-Sep-08 15:19:45

ignore what people say. i get enormous and tiny on the same day.

the odd sticky bun wont hurt....

poppy34 Thu 04-Sep-08 15:22:20

put on 3 stone - prob at least a stone of that after 31 weeks (and seemed to get scary big in last 4 weeks)

and agree with womble -a few treats won't harm you if you're mostly healthy smile

DGirl Thu 04-Sep-08 15:28:34

I put on 4 or 5 stone and I'm still trying to lose it 4 months later!

There's that much to worry about after you have a baby, you won't care.

MrsMattie Thu 04-Sep-08 16:03:17

I put on 4 stone last time - 2 stone very gradually in first 2 trimesters, then 2 stone in very quick fashion in last trimester. This time - I'm 28 weeks pregnant and have so far put on a stone, so hoping I won't put much more than another 1-2 stones. Please!

mum2bagain Thu 04-Sep-08 18:00:00

I have put on 2 stone in all, I have 2.5 weeks to go. My midwife told me that I probably won't gain any more weight now. I seem to eat mostly at night whilst watching t.v. when the kids have gone to bed. I don't really eat much during the day which I know is not good, just the way it happens. Last time I put on more than 3 stone, this time I've not sat still for a minute.

Boyswillbeboys Thu 04-Sep-08 18:03:54

I put on 3 and a half with each one! Only problem is didn't lose it again in between each one smile.

ajm200 Thu 04-Sep-08 18:07:40

I put on a couple of stone last time and looked like I was about to drop at 6 months.

This time round I was still in ordinary clothes at 28 weeks, have been ill and at one point lost all of my pregnancy weight gain, still only put on 4lbs at 33 weeks.

To be honest, I was less worried when I ended up big...

ajm200 Thu 04-Sep-08 18:07:52

I put on a couple of stone last time and looked like I was about to drop at 6 months.

This time round I was still in ordinary clothes at 28 weeks, have been ill and at one point lost all of my pregnancy weight gain, still only put on 4lbs at 33 weeks.

To be honest, I was less worried when I ended up big...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now