Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what is H& M in BRIGHTON like for maternity clothes? Or brighton in general?

(18 Posts)
mad4mybaby Thu 04-Sep-08 13:13:42

Need a few bits and in know H&M in bluewater is quite good but cant be doing with the trek there. Does the one in brighton sell maternity and what is it like? Where else sells maternity other than the big mothercare?

babypringle Thu 04-Sep-08 13:30:45

a couple of years ago the asda home in brighton did maternity clothes but I don't know if its still there

ladytophamhatt Thu 04-Sep-08 13:33:20

AFAIK the H&M in brighton doesn't do maternity.

and teh asda shop isn't there anymore either....

Spink Thu 04-Sep-08 13:44:15

I'm afraid it's not good news.
No sign of maternity in the Brighton H&M.

In terms of high street shops, I think only Dorothy Perkins has a mat range in store in Brighton.

Tho actually, United Colours of Benetton has a small selection.
and almost next door, American Apparel does lots of stuff that could be worn in pg, lots of long stretchy tops store.americanapparel.co.uk/women.html

Other than that:
There is a Jo Jo Maman Bebe in the North Lanes

and a new (and lovely looking but expensive) shop is opening there too - called Mamissima I think www.mamissima.co.uk supposed to be open in Aug 08 but the workmen are still there with their hammers.

And there is a place in Hove called yummy mummy maternity www.yummymummymaternity.co.uk which is ok but a bit expensive.

So, there are boutiquey places, but the high street is a bit pants.
Having said that, I've surprised myself at coming up with so many.. if only I had money, I'd go shopping grin

Oh yes - and before I forget, apparently Gap in Tunbridge Wells carries the maternity range. Not TOO far away..

Hope that helps!

jai38 Thu 04-Sep-08 14:11:39

And Debenhams have a quite a good range in Brighton - but I believe Hennes in Crawley has a maternity range.

It might be worth trying the new NEW LOOK as well

Lizzzombie Thu 04-Sep-08 14:45:57

New Look is the best (cheapest) place to get maternity in Brighton.
Or, Mothercare has got a buy one - get one half price in their sale atm.

mad4mybaby Thu 04-Sep-08 15:11:06

wheres new look in brighton? Im after new H&M as they do plain tshirts (what im in now!)

Spink Thu 04-Sep-08 15:39:07

new look has a great range - thankslizzzombie I (obviously blush) didn't know it did mat stuff
www.newlook.co.uk/women/maternity/maternity_tops/ProductList.aspx

Lizzzombie Thu 04-Sep-08 15:40:14

Its in the old Primark store, opposite Churchill Square ish. Just up from the Gap.

Or New Look in Hastings do maternity too.

As already mentioned, Crawley is the nearest H&M to do maternity I believe. Kingston does it too I think (in their Bentalls centre store)

Lizzzombie Thu 04-Sep-08 15:41:59

No probs!
- don't bother coming out to Eastbourne, its pants for mat clothes over here. (too many grannies out this way wink)

babyignoramus Thu 04-Sep-08 16:39:47

Dorothy Perkins def does it - quite a nice range too. Haven't really found anywhere else except Yummy Mummy in Hove as someone mentioned.

On a realted topic, DP have stopped doing petite in Brighton as there 'isn't the demand'. Facists.

hanaflower Thu 04-Sep-08 16:41:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrsmontano Thu 04-Sep-08 18:25:58

Another vote for Crawley here.
There's H&M, Dorothy Perkins and New Look, and some other baby/pram/maternity shop all in the the square outside, all with thier maternity ranges.

I've looked in brighton a few times for maternity things and found nothing.

mad4mybaby Thu 04-Sep-08 19:31:12

is there a big mothercare in crawley?

RnB Thu 04-Sep-08 19:34:15

Message withdrawn

mad4mybaby Fri 05-Sep-08 08:45:33

i just looke on county mall website and under the shop section they dont list new look dorothy perkins or mothercare. I lived in crawley a few years back (before kids) and cant remember what is there. Someone live/been recently to clarify if the above are DEF there? Dont really want to go to crawley unless not!!

mrsmontano Fri 05-Sep-08 11:39:20

New Look and DP aren't in the mall, they're outside in that big square, I think it's called Queens Square. H&M is also outside, in the little pedestrian street that goes straight between the mall and queens square, think that bit's called the martlets.
Mothercare is just outside the mall too, I havent been in there for maternity clothes tho so I'm not sure how much they have. That's on Haslett Ave by McDonalds.

mad4mybaby Fri 05-Sep-08 12:16:08

thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now