Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I think my breech baby turned himself at 4.30 this morning...

(7 Posts)
Roskva Thu 04-Sep-08 09:48:02

It was bl&%dy uncomfortable - I couldn't lie on either side for a while because there was a head sticking out on one side and a bum on the other.

Then an hour later the little monkey repeated the process and turned himself back again sad. I'm completely knackered and feel like I've been kicked by a mule, and I'm sure the baby is still the wrong way round.

ajm200 Thu 04-Sep-08 10:02:04

Poor you!! Late in pregnancy any big change of position from baby can really make you sore.

See if you can get a midwife to check babies position. If you are lucky, LO is now head down and lying against your back so what you are feeling either side of your tummy are actually knees.

Fingers crossed for you

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 04-Sep-08 10:03:59

When are you due? Ds turned 3 times between 31 and 34 weeks, but appears to be staying head down now.

Roskva Thu 04-Sep-08 12:21:44

I'm 35 weeks - due 8 Oct. I've got an appointment a week tomorrow to decide what to do if he's still feet first

nowirehangers Thu 04-Sep-08 12:38:11

poor you, both my babies were breech and only after the birth of dd2 did someone say to me that it's so much more uncomfortable carrying a breech than a head downer. I thought I was just being a moaning minnie compared to some of my friends. And dd2 turned continually and it felt like a hurricane was taking place inside me - all in the middle of the night, natch
FWIW if they say the baby is head down and you feel otherwise INSIST on a scan. Three consultants assured me dd2 was head down, each time I refused to budge until they scanned me and each time I was right. Feeling the position is a very unreliable method and you want to be sure. Good luck

Roskva Thu 04-Sep-08 12:55:51

I had a scan last Friday, and he was definitely head down. It feels like I've got an orange pressing against my bottom rib on the right (ouch) and I feel hiccups just below it. Last night after the first upheaval, the hiccups were by my hip, but the orange is now back under my ribs sad

Roskva Thu 04-Sep-08 12:56:29

I mean head up and bum down - my brain is totally fried today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now