Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone around who can tell me if I am in labour or not!!!!???.........

(19 Posts)
becaroo Thu 04-Sep-08 00:35:27

........38 weeks today and been having what I thought were bh and period like cramps on and off all day but they have become very regular since 8pm.

They are now every 3-4 mins. Not agonising, but have got my TENS on.

Could this be it?

KerryMum Thu 04-Sep-08 00:38:08

call.

tens will not take away labor pain btw. ime

you will know when it is the real deal.

but call anyway. is this your first?

zippitippitoes Thu 04-Sep-08 00:41:09

no idea

mine were all quick

but classically close contractions might suggest labour

zippitippitoes Thu 04-Sep-08 00:42:20

do you fel subsatnatially diferent from normal

becaroo Thu 04-Sep-08 00:42:35

it is my second but this pregnancy has been NOTHING like the first so am sort of wondering wethher labour and birth will be very different too?? hmm

zippitippitoes Thu 04-Sep-08 00:44:28

well i had three babies and diferent experiences

zippitippitoes Thu 04-Sep-08 00:45:35

i think if you had one baby then if you have an inclination the second ight be satring you could be right

mm1509 Thu 04-Sep-08 00:51:01

This sounds similar to when I went into labour with DD, contractions started off very light in fact I just thought it was my hips aching while I was moving in my sleep.

I agree with zippi if you already have had a baby then you have a good idea what to look for.

If you haven't already I would give them a call, they will put your mind at rest.

Good luck and hope all goes well. grin

becaroo Thu 04-Sep-08 11:57:34

Hello.

I went to bed at 2am and they tailed off so obviously not labour!!! Still got strong bh through the night but not regular.

Crikey, hope it doesnt happen again tonight! I need some sleep!

lisad123 Thu 04-Sep-08 12:07:28

i had this for about a week before it all kicked off. Rest up it might be a while.

greenbeanie Thu 04-Sep-08 15:11:57

I had bh 2-4 mins apart for stretches of up to 5 hours with both my ds. It continued for about a week each time before they become much stronger and there was no question I was in labour.

becaroo Thu 04-Sep-08 15:41:25

greenbeanie....PLEASE tell me you had short, easy births???????!!!!!!!!! grin

lisad123 Thu 04-Sep-08 16:04:47

I had a 48 mins labour grin

slavemother Thu 04-Sep-08 16:25:04

With my second thought I was going into labour so many times, but would alwyas stop.Best to ring midwife or hosp just to be safe. Would have thought real deal if you hav tens machine on.

becaroo Thu 04-Sep-08 19:01:52

lisad123....really????? shock wow, thats fast! Bet it was intense though?

Very fed up today....its not like I'm a first timer at this...really feel I should have some inkling of whats going on in there! smile

Thanks for your replies. I feel rather cheated tbh - thought second time would be easier and it really isnt so far sad

lisad123 Thu 04-Sep-08 20:53:17

i woke up in labour and lucky for me was already there on the ward, due to placental bleed
It wasnt so bad and to be honest managed without pain relief, and dh only made last 10 mintues.

FurryFox Thu 04-Sep-08 20:57:51

Hey Becaroo, not sure if you remember me or not but just wanted to wish you luck and hope baby puts in an appearance soon!

ronshar Thu 04-Sep-08 20:58:00

Becaroo. I too am having those kinds of pains.I am 35+4. Not bad enough for tens, which is lucky as havent got it yet. First job in the morning.
There are several of us on the Oct thread who are suffering the same kind of thing.

Fingers crossed for you though. Bring on a slightly early labour. Brilliant.

becaroo Fri 05-Sep-08 12:15:24

Lisad123 - good job you were already on the ward!! You would never have made it to the hospital otherwise. Glad your dh made it - although only just! smile

Furry - Hi! How are you and your little one? Not so little now I imagine. Thanks for your good wishes. Its been a tough ride but ho=opefully nearly at the end now hmm

Ronshar - sorry to hear you are going though the same and some of the other oct ladies...its really annoying. I wonder if its only the second time mums that are having this type of pain? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now