Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

32 wks - baby is moving and it's hurting is there an optimal sitting position i should be in?

(10 Posts)
Mimsy2000 Wed 03-Sep-08 20:23:14

i'm 32 weeks and for the past few nights the baby has been sqirming and kicking like never before. aside from my stomach taking on strange lopsided shapes, it's actually starting to cause a lot of pain behind the belly button and is just generaly uncomfortable. i can't help but think he's trying to get into some sort of position but can't. is there something i should be doing to help- a way of sitting or laying down? at the moment i'm slouched on my lovely new nursing chair.

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 03-Sep-08 20:26:23

Have you tried a birth ball or excercise ball? I found slouching makes me feel really uncomfortable when pg. Currently only 24 weeks with DC2 but already sitting bolt upright on the sofa with a cushion behind my back.

Slouching can also put the baby in a not so good position for labour.

frumpygrumpy Wed 03-Sep-08 20:29:01

To encourage a baby to go head down......get on all fours and then lower your head to the ground, bum in the air. Try not to do it if you have workmen/visitors/window cleaner grin

Your baby might already be head down but it can be a comfy position when you need the relief.

Mimsy2000 Wed 03-Sep-08 20:54:10

i know slouching is naughty. will try bum in air now. hubby will be thrilled.

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 03-Sep-08 20:59:13

mimsy - DH always thinks his luck is in when I do the hands and knees thing too grin.

frumpygrumpy Thu 04-Sep-08 20:23:06

How is your bum husband bump? grin

Mimsy2000 Thu 04-Sep-08 20:32:07

husband is suitably dejected. truly the thought of sex at the moment.......hmm. bump is still wriggling and clearly not pleased with something. i'm going to get a big pilates ball tomorrow and sit properly and hope bump can sort himself out.

frumpygrumpy Thu 04-Sep-08 23:15:28

I know the feeling, my bump used to point out in all directions like a cartoon......left me squirming at times. Big balls work for me grin Hope you sleep well.

Mimsy2000 Fri 05-Sep-08 08:39:06

lol...thanks.

schneebly Fri 05-Sep-08 08:41:31

Another vote for the ball! I spent the entire last 8 weeks of my pg with DS2 on it - I was comfortable and he got into a great position which helped the birth be very straightforward!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now