Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

why has my morning sickness returned?

(7 Posts)
kazbeth Wed 03-Sep-08 19:01:12

sorry, anther question from me.

I'm 24 weeks and seem to be getting 'morning' sickness again. I had it for the first 16 weeks or so and thought that it had gone finally but the last couple of days I've been feeling ill again in the early evenings - like I was before. Anyone else had this? Do you think it's likely I'll get it all the time through this pregnancy?

Thanks

NorthernLurker Wed 03-Sep-08 19:03:47

That happened to me particularly with dd2. It's rubbish. It could be because you're getting tired or your blood sugar drops a bit. Have you tried napping or does work/other children make that impossible?

NorthernLurker Wed 03-Sep-08 19:04:49

I meant it's a rubbish thing to have - just when you think you've got over it it comes back - NOT that what you were saying was rubbish!! grin blush Just wanted to be clear.....

ThisTooWillPass Wed 03-Sep-08 19:07:08

Message withdrawn

belgo Wed 03-Sep-08 19:09:32

I always have morning sickness throughout my pregnancies, but it does change. I think now in the later stages of pregnancy it's caused more by stomach acid and the baby pushing against the stomach. Tiredness always makes me feel more sick.

kazbeth Wed 03-Sep-08 19:25:55

I feel like this is karma as I had such a relatively easy time of it in my first pregnancy. This time round it's been completely different and I'm still waiting to 'bloom' (mind you, didn't do this last time either - I developed acne which lasted most of the pregnancy!)

I understood what you meant Northerlurker grin Can't nap as I have a toddler to look after.
It's a pain though as my husband comes home from work .. no dinner cooking as I can't face it and then says what do I fancy to eat this evening and even the thought of food makes me feel queasy - poor him.

You might be right about the stomach acid Belgo - will have to try some gaviscon - or is that likely to make me feel even more sick wink (heard it tastes vile)

hanaflower Wed 03-Sep-08 19:29:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now