Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling Sick

(5 Posts)
Zebraa Tue 02-Sep-08 21:02:47

Ok, I'm 10 weeks pregnant with my second baby and I feel soooo sick all evening. With my ds, I had no sickness or anything and so I was wondering tips on how to ease it off? Also, when will it stopppppp?

sleepycat Tue 02-Sep-08 21:07:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Questionkid Wed 03-Sep-08 12:25:25

Try sea bands. They're sold as travel sickness bands but they worked wonders for me for sickness. You should be able to buy them in Boots. I got them in desperation at the airport when I was 6 weeks pregnant and about to fly off to Portugal and felt so sick I didn't know if I could get on the plane. I put them on (they're bands with a hard plastic ball in them that rests on acupressure points in your wrists) and felt better almost instantly. I relied on them for about the next 4 weeks and then fortunately at around 10 weeks the sickness started to ease and now at 18 weeks I don't remember the last time I felt sick.

Don't worry, it will pass. In the meantime, only eat what you fancy and never eat too much. I found that the 'little and often' rule was a good one.

gem1981 Wed 03-Sep-08 12:51:05

keep hydrated i always found i was much worse if i let myself get too thirsty

make sure you rest as much as poss (not always possible I know!) tiredness can make it worse -which would make sense if you are getting it in the evenings.

my sympathy though it is awful

Pinkjenny Wed 03-Sep-08 12:52:02

Mine stopped at 11 weeks. I ate constantly during the sickness period, whatever took my fancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now