Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this heartburn??

(6 Posts)
mad4mybaby Tue 02-Sep-08 20:21:52

When i eat some things i get a sort of burning in the back of my throat. I thought heartburn was something you feel coming up from your stomach into your 'tubes'..

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Tue 02-Sep-08 20:28:58

No, that could be acid reflux, when acid comes into your mouth? It's very painful though and can make you choke. Heartburn is in your chest area.

mad4mybaby Tue 02-Sep-08 20:30:41

hmm ok so is this a gaviscon thing? Or is that just for hearthburn? Never had this with ds!

notsoslimnow Tue 02-Sep-08 20:41:33

oh heck, i think ive had both then. i now get acid coming up from my chest into my mouth, burns like crazy and is really painfull.feel like a burning pressure all the way from chest area! anyway get it in bed most nights now,only started at 34 weeks though.gaviscon is FAB takes it away immediately and safe to use.x

inni Wed 03-Sep-08 09:11:57

I felt heartburn and sick during my two previous pgs and kept taking RENNIE (from the pharmacy) I asked my gyn how many I could take per day as I thought I was abusing and she told me up to 6. I just took some days 4. Helps a lot and it's just calcium. Otherwise a glass of milk will help you too.

lollipopmother Wed 03-Sep-08 14:00:14

Sounds like acid reflux, totally gross isn't it! I had it from about 20 weeks, along with heartburn and grim indigestion. Rennie or Gaviscon is great, Gaviscon cool is my favourite as it's minty, the lemon ones are totally rank!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now