Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I feel guilty for eating sweets at 35 weeks pregnant

(17 Posts)
Jane7 Tue 02-Sep-08 17:46:37

I'm addicted to really fizzy sour sweets. I don't eat loads but I eat them almost every day and they always make my baby move loads.
I feel bad... should I?

aurorec Tue 02-Sep-08 17:53:43

NO.

YOU NEED THEM. grin

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Tue 02-Sep-08 17:53:48

No.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Tue 02-Sep-08 17:54:17

I mean no don't feel bad. I have a sweetie thing too. The sugar helps

ajm200 Tue 02-Sep-08 17:55:24

The baby is just reacting to the sugar rush. I can't say anything as I've had half a bar of dairy milk today

I'd only be concerned about tooth decay if you are eating a lot. Tooth problems are common in pregnancy, hence the free dental treatment and also the number of additives.

Other than that, enjoy....

expatinscotland Tue 02-Sep-08 17:56:14

you are lucky. i can't eat anything sour for the heartburn it gives me.

why feel bad? it's hardly crack.

star6 Tue 02-Sep-08 19:06:49

I'm a really healthy/careful eater, even in pregnancy, but see NOTHING wrong with sweets when your body craves them in pregnancy.

Sometimes it's your body's way of telling you that you need the sugars (my blood sugar is often quite low, and while carbohydrates are a much better solution, sugar is nice sometimes, too!)

I agree with what expatinscotland said... "it's hardly crack"!

Backgammon Tue 02-Sep-08 19:08:23

Oh I discovered Tangfastics at about 35 weeks and couldn't stop eating them. You'll be fine.

Incidentally, they've lost their appeal since dd was born so I'm sure you won't be eating them for long.

No.

Save the guilt for when you've eaten two whole packets of oreo's in one breatfeeding session. grin

Anglepoise Tue 02-Sep-08 19:21:15

Ha ha ha - this thread has made me feel so much better, I've been on a major sugar binge for my entire pregnancy!

Goober Tue 02-Sep-08 19:23:29

It's your duty.
Carry on.

Anifrangapani Tue 02-Sep-08 19:23:34

Better than eating sweets until you look 35 weeks pregnant grin

bogie Tue 02-Sep-08 19:27:47

There fine in SMALL amounts
I was addicted to them when having ds and had to spend 2 nights in hospital with a really fast heart rate blush it was only when I came out of hospital and ate a big bag full and it started again that we realised what it was

Bogie, that happened to me after eating too much chocolate!

I was terrified, thought I was going to die.

Didn't mn then, if only I had I could have posted, and everyone could have told me I was just a greedy pig.

aurorec Wed 03-Sep-08 16:19:30

ajm200 is right watch out for your teeth!
I got major cavities from Haribo sweets with my 1st pregnancy... blush

Otherwise enjoy.

lollipopmother Wed 03-Sep-08 16:38:09

I have put on 3.5 stones, if I had managed to get to 35 weeks before getting on the Haribo I would be dancing a jig right now! wink

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 03-Sep-08 16:50:07

envy

Bloody gestational diabetes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now