Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PLEASE can anyone help me with a maternity size 8 black maternity dress for wedding????

(21 Posts)
mad4mybaby Tue 02-Sep-08 15:50:18

My brother is getting married in 4 weeks and i will be 33 weeks. Im desperate to find a dress that i actually like let alone one that is flattering!

I want it to be black as im only short and bump is huge and black takes the attention away from it abit. IDeally i want a long dress (struggling to shave legs and v pale!!) and clingy in right places but at the same time 'floaty' yeah i know i ask ALOT!!grin

Any help?? Willing to buy off anybody on here!!

wellbalanced Tue 02-Sep-08 16:01:35

I have a lovely Mama's and papa's silk dress that is black with a purple underlay, Brand new with tags Label still on Cost £75 But its a size 10.
Send me yor email add ill send you pics if interested.

mad4mybaby Tue 02-Sep-08 16:12:03

where should i send it to? What are M&P like on sizing? Generous or 'normal'?

wellbalanced Tue 02-Sep-08 16:13:14

click on my name and send me personal msg-think can do that?

mad4mybaby Tue 02-Sep-08 16:15:46

i dont have CAT if thats what you mean?

wellbalanced Tue 02-Sep-08 16:15:52

No dont think you can ive just checked!!!
I dont really want to give out my email address as friends on here dont know im pregnant so people dont know my username-sorry to confuse things!!

mad4mybaby Tue 02-Sep-08 16:16:53

no problem know what you mean, i dont like to give mine out either as its my full name plus use for business.

Anyone else out there to save me???

Majeika Tue 02-Sep-08 16:19:10

come on you two! that sounds like a perfect dress......could you not put your address up for 2 mins and then get it deleted!

do it tonight and have Mumsnet on standby to delete the address!!

SparklyGothKat Tue 02-Sep-08 16:19:53

If you look at my profile, you can see a pic of me at a wedding at 31 weeks. Mine is a size 10 so no good for you, but is it something like you were looking for but its from Jojo Mama bebe.

wellbalanced Tue 02-Sep-08 16:22:54

Im trying to think of an easier way to do it? I dont mind mad4my baby having my email add but dont wanna put it on here.
Also ill just explain, i didnt want £75 for the dress just incase that put you off i was just meaning thats what i bought it for but unfortunatly i never wore it as had no bump! So its brand new and dying for a new home, would love you to see pics (not sure how it will photograph thou as its black!!!)

mad4mybaby Tue 02-Sep-08 17:12:23

ive just set up another email acc so use mad4mybaby@hotmail.com and we can go from there!!

wellbalanced Tue 02-Sep-08 17:16:26

Ok ill do that.... Thanks..
Bear with me im not good with pics but ill do it now!!!!!

mad4mybaby Tue 02-Sep-08 18:11:13

anybody else???

georgiemum Tue 02-Sep-08 18:15:29

www.IsabellaOliver.com

oooooh lovely stuff

claremu Tue 02-Sep-08 18:36:43

got a really nice black dress from topshop maternity, but that was oxford st london so depends where you live but it was £35 and I've got loads of use out of it and fits really well - I am also size 8.
Personally I couldn't bring myself to spend much more and also TS is such good value and very fashionable, so worth going there - you don't want to look mumsy!

Rhian82 Tue 02-Sep-08 20:55:15

What about either of these:

www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/maternityandbaby/4/7

www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/maternityandbaby/4/3

mad4mybaby Tue 02-Sep-08 21:37:01

will be too hot in long sleeves and i dont like the second one, thanks thou!

claremu Tue 02-Sep-08 21:39:22

Here is the dress I have in size 8:
http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalo gId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=42395&parentcategoryrn=42391&productId=680937&langId=-1

Long link I know, I don't need it nay more so can send it to you if you are interested.

mad4mybaby Tue 02-Sep-08 21:57:56

that link doesnt seem to work....

claremu Fri 05-Sep-08 12:24:19

if you go to top shop maternity and dresses there is only one black one there, ha a bow tie under bust

woose Fri 05-Sep-08 13:20:27

I have a long black maternity dress from Blooming Marvelous. Size 8. I only wore it once. I loved it though and felt good in it. I could send it to you. Don't know about pictures etc. I could ask my DH when he gets home,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now