Talk

Advanced search

frantic foetal movements

(10 Posts)
Millsie1 Tue 02-Sep-08 15:12:25

Am currently 38 weeks 3 days and am being constantly bashed about from the inside - foetal movements are incredibly strong and often quite painful. I am not worried about the strength of activity, but sometimes, during the night especially, the activity is really really frantic - a sort of hectic wriggling. All scans have been fine, but is this a sign of foetal distress? Or does it just mean that I am going to have a very wriggly and hyperactive child???

sunshine185 Tue 02-Sep-08 15:32:53

ds was the same and he turned out to be a very large baby in not a lot of space, hence his thrashing about! poor guy was probably trying to get comfortable!

27 months on he's still non stop always on the go go go...

your midwife will be able to check for fetal distress by his hb i would imagine if you are worried.

good luck!

mum2bagain Tue 02-Sep-08 15:33:01

I'm 37 weeks today and my baby really really moves and kicks around like mad, stronger now than say 2 weeks ago. The doc says it s a good sign he's so active, she wasn't bothered the fact I said he really hurts me sometimes, looked at me like I'm daft actually. When I'm asleep, sometimes I get woken by him doing this silly shaking thing too, hmmm, don't know what thats all about, but I'm pretty sure its normal. Good luck.

Millsie1 Tue 02-Sep-08 16:25:11

Thanks for messages -hb has been normal in scans and it has always been a huge kicker and mover and shaker, so perhaps it's not distress but impatience to get out? Just found the franticness disconcerting - especially as other mums seem to have such chilled out bumps...

Does anyone know WHAT is that silly shaking thing? VERY pleased to hear that it's not just my bump that is a mega-wriggler!!!! He/she at it at the moment, like housing a hyperactive eel! x

mrsboogie Tue 02-Sep-08 16:38:35

you're lucky! I wish mine would do that. My LO goes frnatic about once every couple of days for a hour (I'm 38 weeks also) and the rest of the time he doesn't do much at all. Hardly ever wakes me up at night either. Causes me no end of worry he does!!

hoff Tue 02-Sep-08 16:45:37

i've got a wriggler too, wakes me up in the night, but getting less of the shakes in the last week or so (i'm 36 weeks) -whatever they were all about...? i'm hoping it's his impatience to come out and meet the world too!

LeonieD Tue 02-Sep-08 17:25:35

Message withdrawn

AnnVan Tue 02-Sep-08 18:16:28

Well I'm 40+3. Mine also a serious mover, and sometimes hurts it pushes so hard. I also hoped it was in a hurry to get out but sadly... I am still here, and baby seems quite comfy where it is.

ajm200 Tue 02-Sep-08 18:24:40

I think they all move quite a lot but depending on the position of the placenta, some of us feel it more than others.

Saying that I was kicked non-stop by DS and could feel him move at 16 weeks even though he was my first. He turned out to be a large baby who is now an extremely strong and active toddler...

Anglepoise Tue 02-Sep-08 19:23:46

Also 38 weeks and LO is thrashing about - has been for most of my pregnancy. I'm terrified s/he's going to be a hyperactive mentalist (reminds me of the tagline to the Ring - "She never sleeps"! grin).

Though bearing in mind that I've just posted on another thread saying how many sweets I've eaten while PG, there may well be some link! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now