Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Think I'm feeling movements at 15 weeks...

(11 Posts)
babyignoramus Tue 02-Sep-08 13:51:07

I am convinced that I've felt the baby move a couple of times - am now 15 weeks. At my 12 weeks scan bub was really lively, going bonkers bouncing around and turning somersaults, which makes me think I'm probably right! It's like flutterings, low down (def in womb area) and I'm sure it's not wind or anything as I've got IBS and I'm very in tune with my digestive system!

Anyone else felt something this early? And how often did it happen?

SoupDragon Tue 02-Sep-08 13:52:30

TBH early movements are a lot like wind so it's tricky to tell what they are.

McDreamy Tue 02-Sep-08 13:53:30

I am nearly 16 weeks and I have felt the baby move a couple of times. Biggest movement was on Saturday morning when I was 15 + 2

PortAndLemon Tue 02-Sep-08 13:54:54

I definitely felt DD (second baby) flutter from 14 weeks (which surprised me as I didn't consciously feel DS until 22-23 weeks).

Teuch Tue 02-Sep-08 15:41:37

I felt DS first vibrations or pops at 15wks and, this time round, about 12 weeks.

It's lovely when you get to that stage smile

Once you are tuned in, you notice it probably a few times a day. I felt that they got stronger quite quickly with DS but this time round they stayed faint until a few weeks ago when they turned into proper kicks that you can see from the ouside!!

You will probably find yourself reclining on the sofa/in bed/in bath just waiting for a few weeks! grin

babyignoramus Tue 02-Sep-08 16:15:36

Thanks guys - I hopes that what it is! Soupdragon, I'm pretty sure it isn't wind - the old IBS has made me pretty familiar with wind...... blush

EightiesChick Tue 02-Sep-08 16:23:15

babyignoramus,
This happened for me too at 15 wks. It's my first pregnancy but like you I have an intestinal medical history that means I am very familiar with the sound/feel of those rumblings, and this was definitely different. When I saw my midwife at 16 weeks I expected her to tell me I was wrong, but actually she didn't seem surprised.

Since then, it can vary but I feel something every day, usually a few times a day. I'm 18 weeks now. My DH can't yet feel it as it's still only faint, though, so we are both looking forward to the movements getting stronger.

Neeerly3 Tue 02-Sep-08 16:28:39

me too - i'm 15 + 1 and have been feeling what feels like someone running their finger from one side of my bump to the other but from the inside and very feint, when i press from the outside it goes. This is my second pregnancy and am really in tune with whats going on down there, however since it's only one not two ickle uns in there this time, I was expecting it to be later before i felt anything.

i am just revelling in every new stage this time round!

RhinestoneCowgirl Tue 02-Sep-08 16:30:23

I felt this one (2nd) from around 15/16 weeks, just flutters/shudders and not every day. Think I felt DS around 18 weeks.

inni Wed 03-Sep-08 09:20:54

If this is your first it could be strange that what you felt was the baby but not impossible. With my first was on week 18 and with second on week 15. I don't know what will be on this my third pg ;)

Forensica Wed 03-Sep-08 09:48:16

This is my first and I could feel the little bubbles from about 15-16weeks. Hubby first felt little kicks exactly at 18w+1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now