Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TMI question - gut movement!

(7 Posts)
hopefully Tue 02-Sep-08 10:31:48

I'm 39 weeks, and for about the last 4 weeks, my guts have been somewhat.. ermm... eager to expel food.

Every time I've gone to the toilet, it's been really loose, more like you'd expect your gut to be the day after a hot curry - not terribly painful or anything, but when I have to go, I have to go, get really uncomfortable if I don't, and it's far looser than normal.

I appreciate that I might be grateful for this after the birth, but I'm wondering what's causing it, as it's been going on for bloody ages and is a little tedious!

I eat a pretty balanced diet, and am normal about hygeine - wash hands etc - and DP assures me all is normal with him, so I assume I'm not perpetually poisoning myself.

Thanks for any advice, and apologies for the grossness...

KJ11 Tue 02-Sep-08 10:35:07

Exactly the same for me for the past week, I am 36+2 and have had the same problem. It also keeps me awake sometimes. I presume like you its just part of the process. I've also tried not to eat as much in the evening and not as late although difficult as im still working and not getting in untila bout 7pm.

hopefully Tue 02-Sep-08 11:53:03

Glad I'm not alone! It's definitely not fun though. Will try your trick of not eating too late, hadn't really thought of that.

zwiggy Tue 02-Sep-08 11:57:14

basically baby is moving out of his flat soon! Your body's natural pain killers work best on an empty stomach and of course your body knows this so is clearing out your stomach for the endorphins to kick in, (its the same as when migraine sufferers throw up)

Good luck all (and yes you will be grateful for this after the birth cos my piles were the worst thing about childbirth and I had a 48 hour labour!)

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Tue 02-Sep-08 12:07:08

It's a sign labour is coming!

Jane7 Tue 02-Sep-08 12:17:24

If it's any reassurance, Hopefully, mine are similar at 36 weeks. I get quite weird cramps too, which I can't tell whether are baby-related or bowels related.

hopefully Tue 02-Sep-08 12:28:32

I'll try to think more positively about my mad guts then - maybe it means i won't be too horrendously overdue!

Jane I have a similar thing - get gut cramps and sometimes struggle to differentiate them from uterus pains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now