Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

A question for those of you who have 3 or more DCs....

(14 Posts)
Thankyouandgoodnight Tue 02-Sep-08 08:06:06

My 1st pregnancy was easy (girl), my 2nd was dreadful - cripplingly tired (boy).I know that each pregnancy is different and that the sex of the baby isn't necessarily relevant to how you feel, so....

What are the chances that a 3rd pregnancy would be good / bad do you think?
Is there a good chance that I could find it as easy as my first or do they tend to get progressively more knackering?

FioFio Tue 02-Sep-08 08:09:48

Message withdrawn

belgo Tue 02-Sep-08 08:09:51

I'm 35 weeks pregnant with my third.

My first pregnancy with dd1 was awful, exhaustion and morning sickness lasting the whole time.

With dd2 I also had morning sickness, but not quite so bad and generally I felt quite well.

With this third baby, it's my best pregnancy yet, some morning sickness but not too bad at all. The main problem is that I'm a lot bigger this time and I have some varicose veins which I didn't have during my first two pregnancies. I can still do everything fine though.
We don't know if it's a boy or a girlsmile.

belgo Tue 02-Sep-08 08:10:34

I do tend to go to bed at 8pm though, that helps!

TrinityRhino Tue 02-Sep-08 08:11:56

first was easy
2nd was worst
thrid was nice

bealcain Tue 02-Sep-08 08:25:32

birth

first - long
second - quick
third - v long but great at the end

pregnancy

first - fab, no probs
second - loads of probs
third - good until 34wks, but got vvv tired as all of mine are under3!

Ledodgy Tue 02-Sep-08 08:25:33

My third pregnancy was more tiring with having the other two but was the best I think. I was alot lighter when I embarked on the pregnancy though so don't know if this helped or not. After the initial early weeks of tiredness and sickness I was full of energy and painted most of the house! Also with my first pregnancy I had a heavy bleed, with my second things came up on the scan whoich meant having an amnio so was very worrying. I was much more hormonal during my third though.

belgo Tue 02-Sep-08 08:27:01

how are you bealcain? I never saw a birth announcement!

bantam73 Tue 02-Sep-08 09:25:43

1st pegnancy good, birth bad 45 hours long with too many stitches after 'normal delivery'. Girl 4 weeks early
14 years later pregancy no 2 pregnancy ok bit tired. Was told it would be like first time delivery due to long gap. They lied she came on day she was due and took 4hrs not 45 hrs.
Pregancy no 3 wait and see

JodieG1 Tue 02-Sep-08 09:35:43

I have 3 and all three pregnancies were quite bad. With dd I had PE and delivered at 36 weeks after early contractions for a couple of months and frequenet hospital stays/visits.

With ds1 I had early contractions and needed steroid injections early on again, as with dd. I had a long pre-labour too and gave birth at 38 weeks.

Ds2's was the worst, my waters broke at 22 weeks and I was on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy. I had steroids, anti biotics, weekly hospital visits and blood tests, loads of scans to check the baby and fluid levels and finally made it to 39 weeks as my waters stopped leaking at about 34 weeks and I refused an induction at 37 weeks. He was also posterior so it was the most painful.

With all I gave birth naturally with a little gas and air, the amount I used got less each time with ds2 I only used some for about 10 mins while they were trying to put a clip on his head to monitor him. They tried 5 or 6 times but kept failing and it was agony.

All of my labours were fast though, first two about 2 and a half hours and my 3rd was written on my notes as about 1 hour and 10 mins I think, although I was contracting before that but not in established labour.

I also had 5 miscarriages between my pregnancies.

jellybeans Tue 02-Sep-08 09:36:40

My pg got harder but I am high risk now as my cervix is knackered (have had multiple surgeries after m/c and very difficult births). I do feel less sick in this one though (8th pg, had 4 m/c)

Imnotok Tue 02-Sep-08 09:40:08

My first was easy

second easy

third very easy (with easiast labour too)

fourth easy but was tired

fifth bloody awful

girlsallaround Tue 02-Sep-08 09:51:31

my first was a blessing i didn't even notice it, my second was a bit harder, my third (now) is the hardest and most tiring yet!

mum2bagain Tue 02-Sep-08 10:35:02

Hi, I'm 37 weeks with my 4th after a 8 year gap. This has been my best pregnancy yet. I did suffer with extreme tiredness and sickness until 4 months, but since then, I seem to have bloomed and feel really good about myself. I have loads of energy (still need a nap in the afternoons tho), let's hope the birth is not too bad! I think I've had it so good so far the birth is bound to spoil it.... and I'm sure i'll look like death afterwards

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now