Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Possible food poisoning

(6 Posts)
thehouseofmirth Mon 01-Sep-08 18:59:06

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling a bit uncomfortable in my tummy. It wasn't bad although the discomfort woke me up a few time I slept OK.

This morning I had one epsiode of explosive green diarrhoea (sorry for sharing that with you)and have been absolutely fine since then.

Yesterday we had a tuna Nicoise salad, cheesecake, strawberries and icecream at a friend's house for lunch. DH made me a sausage sandwich for dinner which he swears was cooked properly.

Any advice? Do you think it was food posioning? If so, I'm assuming what's done done is donse as far as the baby is concerned and there isn't any point going to doctors?

islandlassie Mon 01-Sep-08 20:19:08

Well have you been really constipated cos the fact that it was green sounds more like its been bruing for a while if you see what i mean. i doubt its food poisening. I've had the runs a few times of late and i put it down to the fact that i've been so extremely constipated that body its just trying to flush things out!

missEdith Mon 01-Sep-08 20:24:15

how far along are you? I had 2 bouts of diarrhoea in my last pregnancy, nt proper food poisoning I don't think, the MW thought it was ok one was early on the second one was near due date, a few weeks short and she just mentioned to be aware if contractions would start but that was unlikely

that was my experience anyway

Minniethemoocher Mon 01-Sep-08 20:25:26

I had gastro enteritis during this pregnancy, vomiting and diarrhea - it was awful! I did go to the doctor who reassured me that the baby would be fine.

dinkystinky Mon 01-Sep-08 20:41:48

HouseofMirth - if worried, call your GP. Drink lots of fluids and rest up till you feel better. Could be food poisoning or just something irritating your digestive system. If you're getting tummy pains, definitely give GP a call.

thehouseofmirth Mon 01-Sep-08 20:53:00

Thanks all. I feel fine now so I do wonder if islandlassie is right. I hadn't "been" for a couple of days so that does make sense. I guess food posioning would probably have gone on for longer. I was just worried because obviously something like listeria could potentially hurt the baby. Have got a GP's appointment on Thursday so I'll ask her then but I guess any damage is done now though hopefully all is well. I think I had a bout of food poiosoning at a similar stage (I'm 16 weeks) with DS and he's absolutely fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now