Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can the baby's movements feel painful?

(12 Posts)
MarianneM Mon 01-Sep-08 17:35:47

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and the baby is moving a lot, occasionally so much it almost and sometimes (at the moment) actually hurts. At least it feels very unfomfortable. Is this normal?

BroccoliSpears Mon 01-Sep-08 17:38:40

I used to find it pretty painful when the baby shifted into an unconfortable position or hoofed me in the ribs.

If you're worried call your midwife.

babylove123 Mon 01-Sep-08 18:27:08

I agree - if you're worried, give your midwife a call but i wouldnt be worried. im 28 weeks and my baby chooses some v awkward positions! Her feet go under my bladder and she kicks up - that kills!!!! She gives me some good wallops and they can be painful!

islandlassie Mon 01-Sep-08 20:21:36

I had that around that time and it was cos my one was always moving in the same area for example always kicking me in roughly the same spot so that got very sore as well as then sticking bum out far in same place - became sore etc etc

Can you feel what position baby is in?

Minniethemoocher Mon 01-Sep-08 20:29:32

Yes, I find it hurts sometimes, try giving the baby a poke and see if s/he will move a bit!

tiggerlovestobounce Mon 01-Sep-08 20:29:56

I found it painful at times, as it got further on and they got bigger the jabs from hands, elbows, knees and feet were quite painful.

kookiegoddess Mon 01-Sep-08 21:44:00

yes, there's a special spot that my baby kicks, usually really hard, and it's impressively painful given the size of the unborn!! I usually yell and then say "gently sweetie, don't hurt mummy" thinking that of course that's going to help blush

LeonieD Mon 01-Sep-08 22:03:27

Message withdrawn

lollipopmother Tue 02-Sep-08 05:36:51

Hell yes, baby movements can definitely hurt!

MarianneM Tue 02-Sep-08 10:36:52

Thanks for replies, I feel reassured! Not sure what position she's in. Will see a doc today anyway and hopefully find out.

chocbiscuits Thu 04-Sep-08 02:59:15

Hi, Ive been getting this at 31 weeks, sort of think it might be when I'm sitting a bit sideways and squashing the baby...just a guess on my part though..

cyteen Thu 04-Sep-08 03:21:17

My boy definitely gave me some pain at times, including a few scrapy scratchy feelings against the inside of my tummy...he was born on Monday with MASSIVE long nails shock so yes, I'd say movements can hurt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now