Talk

Advanced search

Braxton Hicks - what do they feel like and when did you start having them?

(4 Posts)
kraftwerkkittie Mon 01-Sep-08 08:21:50

I'm 30 wks and haven't had a Braxton Hicks yet. When did you start having them? and what exactly do they feel like?

WigWamBam Mon 01-Sep-08 08:22:52

I didn't get them at all. Not everyone does.

woose Mon 01-Sep-08 09:53:05

I don't think I have had them yet either, am 36 1/2 weeks. I didn't think I had them last time either. But I am wondering whether I have had them, but have not really known what they were. I often feel as if the baby is pushing against the wall of my tummy and it goes all hard. Is this just the baby, or could this be Braxton Hicks?

lindenlass Mon 01-Sep-08 10:38:08

You don't always feel them with first babies. Everyone gets them - your uterus contracts all the way through pregnancy. It's just that some people feel them and some people don't! For some they're very uncomfortable and for others they aren't. Sometimes all you notice is your bump going hard and you might not notice that until it's much bigger.

Woose - bump going hard sounds like braxton hicks - it is basically a contraction, but not the same as labour contractions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now