Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

silly question [blush] how do you empty a birth pool afterwards at home?

(4 Posts)
misdee Sat 30-Aug-08 19:21:02

and is a nasty job to have to do?

lindenlass Sat 30-Aug-08 19:36:53

Not sure how much of a nasty job it is - DH always does it! I guess you would find it pretty horrid if you were squeamish!

You either make a siphon yourself with a hosepipe or Birth Pool In A Box sell an electric pump which we wouldn't be without - I assume you can get them from other places too. The hose can either go down the loo, or onto your flower bed (huge big flowers you'll have next year!) or into an outside drain or wherever is most convenient.

I think DH buys a cheap mop (to chuck away afterwards) and mops it clean afterwards, before cleaning properly with some disinfectant stuff.

misdee Sat 30-Aug-08 19:39:54

am looking at the birth pool in a box on mothercare. says it comes with 2 disposable liners. at first i thought why on earth do you need liners, then it dawned on me blush

if new place can fit one in, then may look at getting one

mylovelymonster Sat 30-Aug-08 19:40:23

I understand that a small fishing net is useful for removing 'flotsum & jetsum' grin blush that may otherwise block hosing..........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now