Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Queen Mary Hospital Sidcup

(8 Posts)
heverhoney1 Sat 30-Aug-08 15:25:06

The maternity unit at this hospital is threatened with closure. Does anyone have any info as to when this might be??

As the safest and best reviewed hospital in my area this is my natural choice of hospital but I dont want to run the risk of getting transferred to another hospital without getting a choice.

Kbear Sat 30-Aug-08 16:27:46

for info check out their website and the www.newsshopper.co.uk as they are running a campaign against closure.

I had my babies there!

WombFor1More Sat 30-Aug-08 22:24:07

Oooh my aunt is a MW there lol! I will ask her for the inside info 2mo and get back to you. She hasn't mentioned looking for a new job yet so fingers crossed it won't be until after you're bubba is here smile

Kbear Sat 30-Aug-08 23:08:20

Wombfor1More - is her name Alison? !! Alison the Angel I called her. probably not but the MW's there were (mostly) wonderful!!

WombFor1More Sat 30-Aug-08 23:11:47

Alas not!! She works mainly in the clinic rather than on the wards atm. But she's lovely too grin

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Sat 30-Aug-08 23:32:16

I think it's planned for closure in the next two years...

heverhoney1 Thu 04-Sep-08 18:39:39

Thanks for your messages guys. I think it is stupid that they are even THINKING of closing it the other hospitals in the area dont even come close in terms of good reviews and there is a midwife led unit which is right next to a doctor led unit incase anything goes wrong. As a first timer, who has heard all the horror stories- my mum had severe pre-eclampsia, my cousins first was a 10lb er and my other cousins have all been assisted, AND my best mates sister had a retained placenta TWICE!!!, that would be so reasuring!

Any more inside info welcome

MadameCastafiore Thu 04-Sep-08 18:41:40

The Bromley Common one is nice - far nicer than QMs!

I had DS at QMs and the midwifery staff and the facilities were awful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now