Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

22 weeks pregnant, strong-ish regular contractions and huge pressure in my bum for the last day or so....

(14 Posts)
NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Sat 30-Aug-08 10:08:39

I had an irritable uterus in my last pregnancy, I know it is just this starting again (oh dear god help me, I have 18+ weeks to go.....) but do I need to go and get it checked to make doubly sure? I have a MW appointment on Tuesday, can it wait till then?

I'm not worried or panicked or feeling like something bad is going to happen, well only that I am going to be like this for the rest of the pregnancy again!

lulumama Sat 30-Aug-08 10:11:11

does irritable uterus make you more likely to have a prem labour or is it just more likely to give you false labour? pressure and strong regular ctx need checking out immediately, regardless of history IMO. waiting until tuesday not a good idea IMO.

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Sat 30-Aug-08 10:14:50

Ctx not too strong, more fierce than painful hmm I'm not good at this explaining lark.

No, I don't think IU means anything in terms of when labour will take place. I don't think it is even classed as false labour, it is just a nothing, meaningless pain in the arse uterus wink

Do you think I really need to go?

(I know I would be saying the same as you if I was reading this about someone else, but I just know that nothing untoward is happening. Gah, are you ready for a 18 weeks long labour thread? I'm not!!)

cece Sat 30-Aug-08 10:16:58

Up to you of course but I would go and get checked out at the hospital.

lulumama Sat 30-Aug-08 10:17:48

pressure and ctx and 22 weeks...hmmmmmmmmmmm

well, no doubt it is your iritiable uterus and we will have 18 weeks and 35 threads of 'is NJ in labour?' and i leave the country.. BUT. better to be safe than sorry and at least call labour ward and get professional advice.

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Sat 30-Aug-08 10:21:29

PMSL 35 threads Is it strange that there is a very very very tiny part of me that is looking forward to getting it started again?!! You lot got me through one of the worst/best times of my life!

I'll give labour ward a ring, if I can get through.

lulumama Sat 30-Aug-08 10:22:50

i am strangely looking forward to it too, but not until at least 35 weeks..give them a call and let us know xx

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Sat 30-Aug-08 10:58:48

Still no luck getting through, will keep trying.

Good job I'm not actually in labour! Having said that, I've got about 6 different numbers to try and all are just ringing and ringing, they must be packed this weekend. Awww all those new babies!

MKG Sat 30-Aug-08 11:21:49

Oh boy, here we go again. grin

Go get it checked. It's better to be told it's IU and not to worry.

I could handle 18 weeks of "is NJ in labor" by the time you give birth, I'll be at the home stretch. It'll be a good distraction.

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Sat 30-Aug-08 11:43:41

Finally got through, the MW agrees with me, said if it get's much stronger, or more regular (currently around every 20 mins) then to go in, but for now she is happy to leave me to it.

MKG I'm not sure I agree with you using my irritating uterus as a distraction, that's just not cricket! I think it is deffo someone else's turn, anyone up for volenteering? hmm

MKG Sat 30-Aug-08 12:06:23

Alright, I'll do it. "MKG is 12 weeks and thinks she's in labor, anyone up for a 28 week I think I'm in labor thread"

Sorry NJ, but I think it's up to you. No one does a mammoth size "am I in labor thread" like you do.

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Sat 30-Aug-08 12:12:29

Still not sure if I am more <proud> or more blush LOL

I think I'll give you all some more time to gear up for it yet. I am sure somewhere along the line there will be a night where I am convinced it is going to happen, hopefully at 40+3 or something when it actually is happening!

You'll be the first to know when the show the size of England starts to appear! wink

Nice..... hmm

<Does a little 'hooray' dance for MKG entering into the 2nd trimester >

belgo Sat 30-Aug-08 12:17:42

grin at the memory of 'is NJ in labour?' threads

But seriously, dehydration and urine infections can cause braxton hicks.

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Sat 30-Aug-08 12:29:15

Don't seem to have any symptoms of a urine infection (though I realise you don't always get symptoms - I have a normal AN appointment on Tuesday so will obviously bring it up with the MW then) and there is not a hope in hells chance of me being dehydrated, it is either drink or be sick, I plump for drinking, constantly.

I think the baby is getting hiccups which is in turn leading to the IU. I don't very often feel any movement (as in kicks or whatever), but do get a feeling that he is hiccupping every now and then. DS2 had hiccups almost constantly while I was pregnant with him, so it makes sense that it would be down to that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now